Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hurricane CPAP Dryer
Hurricane CPAP Dryer
Hi everyone! I've been gone for a while. It's nice to be back. Anyone else have the Siestamed Hurricane Dryer home model? I had some flexible spending account dollars to use or loose for 2014, so I purchased the dryer from C...er uh, Supplier #1. I have used it twice and I like it! It dries the mask, tubing, headgear and anything else that will fit in it in an hour or less. It's a little noisy but I'm not usually around while it's running. It has 15, 30 minute or 60 minute settings. It seems well made and is a little larger than I thought. I have it in an extra bathroom so it's out of the way.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hurricane CPAP Dryer
Hi Regular Joe,
Good to see you back on the forum.
I have the Hurricane CPAP Dryer, (home model,) and like it very much.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
Like you I also have the dryer, it makes life a lot easier and does the job of drying out the hoses mask etc very nicely.
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hate wet tubing/nasal pillows etc, this would be very tempting to me. Do you know if the accelerated drying shortens the lifespan of the plastics/tubing etc that go into them? Does the manufacturer say anything about such? Is there anything one can't put into it, ie nasal pillows?

Thanks, Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think the lifespan of the plastic/tubing will be noticeably shortened. You are going to replace those on a regular basis anyway. It doesn't get that HOT, it's warm circulating air that does the drying. I'm guessing nasal pillows would do just fine. You could always ask the vendor you choose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mini-dishwaster and dryer - CPAP style PaulaO2 3 1,222 07-28-2019, 02:53 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Gross Resmed 9 full face mask hurricane gusts! Release the Hounds 4 2,203 01-11-2016, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Rob S
  [Equipment] Hurricane dryer AirPlease 5 3,154 10-03-2015, 12:22 PM
Last Post: surferdude2
  generator for hurricane season greatunclebill 21 11,062 06-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.