Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

events per hour
events per hour
so its been almost 2 weeks- my events per our according to myair, hovered around 1.5 or so events per hour-
last night, I thought I slept ok, but my events per hour were 3.8- should I be concerned?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: events per hour
Concerned? No! It's quite normal to have the occasional bad night. Your experience of a one-off 3.8 is quite within the norm and still counts as effective therapy. If it starts going over 5 on a regular basis, then you need to have a harder look at things.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not really. Everybody is going to experience a bad night. You need to look a long term trends. If it stays up then it would warrant further investigation but would require a more detailed sleep analysis software other than MyAir. Keep your events monitored for about a week, unless your events take off like a rocket. If you still have problems, then you will need to get additional software to track down the problem.

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2015, 08:51 AM)cookie810 Wrote: so its been almost 2 weeks- my events per our according to myair, hovered around 1.5 or so events per hour-
last night, I thought I slept ok, but my events per hour were 3.8- should I be concerned?

I've been registering 0.3-0.5 events per hour with one night at 0.0 (I just started CPAP a week ago) when two nights ago I registered 0.8. I wondered the same thing as you. Last night I was back to 0.3.

So hold tight - I'm sure it will go back down. Did you do anything different? Have a long day? Anything stressful? A glass or two of wine? A cold coming on?
Post Reply Post Reply
hmm none of the above lol, but thanks for all the good advice! I feel better
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can't pin the occasional bad night on to anything in particular, then ignore it. If you can, then don't do that thing again. Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we know the reason, sometimes not.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2015, 08:51 AM)cookie810 Wrote: so its been almost 2 weeks- my events per our according to myair, hovered around 1.5 or so events per hour-

Cookie, it would probably help you to download the Sleepyhead software so you can see more information on the AHI events. It is possible to manage them if you understand when and why they occur. Also the duration of an apnea is as important as its frequency. There is a link to Sleeyhead at the top of the forum. It's great software, and can really teach you a lot and help you monitor your progress. Hopefully you got the Elite CPAP as the basic Airsense 10 CPAP only provides compliance data and basic AHI. If that is the case, forget about Sleepyhead, there isn't much to see.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had my airsense 10 auto set for 15 days. I've used it 11/15 days. My events per hour the first night was 0.9 and now most nights it's 4.5 and last night it was 6.9. Any idea if this is bad?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 10:58 AM)Jackie1 Wrote: I've had my airsense 10 auto set for 15 days. I've used it 11/15 days. My events per hour the first night was 0.9 and now most nights it's 4.5 and last night it was 6.9. Any idea if this is bad?

It's too early to tell. Unless your AHI's go up dramatically over, say, a week, you shouldn't draw conclusions until about a month after you start. 4.5 means you are getting treatment and one day higher is no big deal unless it stays up there. Takes time to get used to this therapy.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I find after about 5 hours now, on using 11/15 days I have to take the mask off. I'm trying.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 347 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 118 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 269 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.