Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Sizes of full face mask, ResMed Quattro Air & AirFit F10
Sizes of full face mask, ResMed Quattro Air & AirFit F10
The ResMed Quattro Air and AirFit F10 full-face masks have the same fitting template (available at their website). According to the template what is being fitted is the "cushion size". Does that mean the masks themselves come in only one size and it's only the attached cushion that changes?

I was given a Quattro Air with an L size printed on the bag, but I had significant leaking and was taking it off at night. It seemed to be pressing on the upper nasal area. I went in for a refitting and was given the AirFit F10 but now in the M size. It's a little wider in upper nasal area but feels a little small on my face. According to the template I am slightly more medium than large.

My fitter does not do returns on masks so I now have both masks. Can size adjustments be made simply by changing the cushion? (Headgear size is fine in my case).

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sizes of full face mask, ResMed Quattro Air & AirFit F10
Hi numari, welcome to the forum!

While the masks share the same sizing guide, no two mask designs are the same. . . At least everyone that I've tried. Each mask, regardless type, model, and/or manufacturer, is different in design. This allows for a better chance of one fitting our unique anatomy. About the only thing different sizes may have in common is the headgear. Usually the medium and large full-face and nasal masks will share the same headgear size. To answer your last question about cushion sizes they are usually mask and size specific. You can order a different size mask, less the headgear, without a prescription. It looks like your headgear will fit both medium and large of each mask.

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi numari,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and finding a mask that works right for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both Airfit F10 and Quattro Air. They both have the same cushion. It is interchangeable. Also, F10 has one frame for L and M sizes. Ditto for Quattro Air.

It may not be the same of a lot of other masks.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
My Mirage Quattro has a different frame for the medium and small sizes. On the other hand The Simplus uses the same frame for all cushion sizes.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,250 6 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,311 11 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,584 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 527 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,984 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,612 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,604 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.