Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal Irritation iwth Nasal Pillows...
RE: Nasal Irritation iwth Nasal Pillows...
I had one set of Nuance pillows that made one nostril, just right on the cusp of inside/outside, on the bottom, it was making it sore. I was constantly trying to make it heal. I finally switched to the next size up until I got the next order in and the sore went away. Sometimes I think a pillow can have a fault in it or something. Had the same problem with another mask a long time ago.

If you are just starting using them, it could just be simple irritation from having the air blow in. Or it could be a pimple. Or it could be where the aliens stick the probe.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had never really heard of bacitracin until now, but it's one of the ingredients of triple antibiotic, or Neosporin. I looked it up, and it is not recommended for use near mouth, or nose. You know, wash with water if contact occurs. Lots of cautions listed. May be better when concentration reduced in Neosporin, though. Think I will try the other things mentioned, cause I am sure I will need it next week with new nasal pillows on order.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2015, 04:50 AM)Gabby Wrote: Hi Susan, yes I have tried out all the size pillows and the medium suits me perfectly. It is just occasionally that I have a bit of irritation, it was the same with the P10.
The main reason I changed from P10 to Nuance was because of straps more so than pillows.

Oops, Sorry Gabby, I meant that question for OP Fishing Bob.
Glad yours are just right size!
Susan Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,769 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 159 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 152 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,226 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.