Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stopping CPAP with low O2 high CO2
RE: Stopping CPAP with low O2 high CO2
thanks by the way. sorry I took your silence the wrong way. am glad you are able to post and I sent you my comments on a PM, again.

we are seeing evidence of low REM sleep, and that correlates pretty much with your sleep study.

did your dr mention the COPD four letter word?
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
quiescence at last,
Looking at Marxxx charts, how do you determine low REM sleep? Are you looking at the flow chart or something else?
I have never fully understood the flow chart other than seeing flat lines during an event. In other words, what do you look for to tell low REM sleep or any stage of sleep? Thanks in advance.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
highly speculative, I will admit, as there is no sure way to tell except by EEG readouts, which none of us have...

my approach (not in any order)
1. interview with patient
2. tagging when I dream and remember for 45 days in a row
3. seeing indicators
4. reading papers about things I see
5. seeing same things in another's plots

hope this helps.

btw. what I meant by low REM sleep is low number of minutes of REM sleep if any. read about symptoms of too little REM sleep.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
CO2 range is 35-45mm/hg
When CO2 rises in your body it causes the blood vessels in your head (and elsewhere in the body) to constrict, thus, reducing blood flow to some degree. This is why in trauma patients they dont want the CO2 out of range as it could cause further damage to head injured patients. Same rules apply in the non injured persons. If your not getting a good exhale, your not ridding yourself of the CO2 as you should and it will slowly build up over time (hypercapnia). High CPAP pressures can cause reduction in exhalation, its easy to breath in (which is what we want), but its hard to get the air out against the pressure, especially when you relax during sleep.

May be as simple as checking into E.P.R. (expiratory pressure relief) on your machine if equipped and see if that helps you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 693 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,422 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 213 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.