Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed AirSense 10 have I set it up right ?
Question 
Resmed AirSense 10 have I set it up right ?
So tonight will be my first night with a cpap machine after being diagnosed with sleep apnea last year it is finally here.

From recommendations here I got the resmed airsense 10 for her and the resmed quattro full face mask. (I do not have the heated hose yet)

Results from testing was AHI of 61 SaO2 low of 77% sleep hypoxemia was observed with SaO2 <89% for 64.minutes

Prescription lists auto CPAP 10-20 CWP with heated humidity.

On power up I went in to the menu and set "full face mask" and then did a leak test.

I then went in to clinic mode and I have set the following

Mode: AutoSet
MinPressure: 4
MaxPressure: 20
SetPressure: ********* cant remember
Ramptime: Auto
StartPressure:4
EPR: On
EPR Type: Full time
EPR level: 3
SmartStart: On
Time: Set to right time (Had to erase data)

Do I need to do any thing else should I just put the mask on and press start ?

I tend to watch a bit of TV before bed should I wear the mask while I watch the tv or only put it on when I try and sleep ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirSense 10 have I set it up right ?
SetPessure: Can be ignored as its only for the CPAP machine not the auto set

And correction my EPR level is set to

EPR level: 1

Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I wonder why you have set at 04 to 20, when the prescription is for 10 to 20.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I was thinking that from my sleep study it should be set at the lowest setting but that's what "StartPressure" is there for I guess

I will change MinPressure

MinPressure: 10
Post Reply Post Reply
[I tend to watch a bit of TV before bed should I wear the mask while I watch the tv or only put it on when I try and sleep ?
[/quote]

Might be a good Idea to get use two it before you Sleep,
Just don't watch tv in bed when your trying to sleep Smile

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
yep. if you do set to min of 10 -

1. it is going to feel really weird, you will need to get used to it.
2. I would consider setting the ramp startpressure at 6 or 7.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Simon,
It's good to hear that you finally got your machine.
To get used to it, mask up and use it as you watch tv or read during the evening.
Hang in there for more suggestions and I hope you like your new machine, good luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Well first night report , As advised I increased the ramp startpressure to 6 but I think I am going to put it a little higher tonight as it felt I was not getting enough air at the start.

I tried to watch a little TV but I could not see over my mask so did not watch much and then went to sleep. After a few minutes my mouth was very dry so I did increase the humidity level to 7 (No heated tube) My mouth was still pretty dry and in the morning there was a few spec's of water in the mask and the water tank is empty.

I slept ok I guess took a while to get use to the mask , I did wake up once due to a airleak near my my eye. I think I slept mostly on my back as I was worried the mask might come off on my side.

I imported my data to sleephead (should I turn off the machine while I remove the card) results below.

Post Reply Post Reply
that's outstanding for the first night! yippee you are on your way.... you are advised to stay at current pressure settings for several days. but, you can start the ramp higher if it feels fine. it is a comfort feature.

QAL

Post Reply Post Reply
Simon they are excellent figures for the first night, and well done on how long you kept the mask on for. Your leaks were up but still at an exceptional number, under the dreaded '24'.
I still get the dry mouth and lips if you can find a cure please let me know. It seems to be as soon as I hook up within in minutes they are dry! I just go to sleep and forget about them.
By all means put the ramp number up but try and stick with your other numbers for a while so you are able to get a consistent pattern going.
When you feel more confident with the mask have a go at sleeping on your side.
Saying that I am a back sleeper.
Also if you could write your details of the equipment etc. that you are using down the side it helps the people who are offering you advice.
Keep up the good work.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 115 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,875 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 122 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,294 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,081 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 27,377 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 273 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.