Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] New machine feels different than old!
New machine feels different than old!
I have replaced my ResMed S6 Lightweight with the Escape II because Jetblue won't let the older machine fly. I set the pressure on the Escape to 12 like the S6, but it feels much stronger. I even double checked to make sure. Has anyone else had an issue like this? Could the S6 gotten weaker over time? I don't usually fool around with stuff like this on my own, I'm a rule follower, but I needed to get the new machine in time for a vacation. So I'm just a little nervous about setting the machine up myself. Thanks in advance for any guidance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine feels different than old!
Hi millieg,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Your S6LW is a very old machine. Is your Escape2 an S8 machine? If so, that’s an older machine as well.
These machines wear out over time so the “newer” machine is probably putting out more air.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess is that the S6 was no longer putting out the pressure it needed to. The machines of that age needed regular calibration every year or so. So when you turned on your "new" machine, it is probably running at the correct pressure but feels much stronger.

But my question is how on earth did Jet Blue even know or care about the age of your machine?! Do you intend to use it in-flight?

Your "new" machine isn't that new. If you ever have the chance, consider going to Supplier #2 in our Supplier's List (link at the top of every page) and purchasing an S9 model. And while you are at it, spend a little more and get an Elite or Autoset. It sounds as if you are doing your own treatment. If you are, then a data capable machine would be best. When you return from your vacation, come back here and start a new thread about getting a new machine. We'll help you with it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
You can get a gauge to attache to your hose to see if the machine is putting out what it is supposed to. I agree with everyone else, the machine just wore out and was not producing what it was supposed to and over time you just adjusted to it. Now you will have to reacquaint yourself with the proper pressure from the new machine. hang in there it shouldnt take that long
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 287 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Suddenly air feels too dry.. outasleep 2 287 01-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,143 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Waking up worse despite multiple changes, life feels awful davigalindo 10 953 10-26-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question AHI down from 68 to 0.69 on my first night? Something feels off. nisegami 4 629 08-10-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] New to CPAP and struggling - feels like my breathing gets "cut off" by the machine andrewb 14 2,900 02-02-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: princejmy
  It feels like the CPAP is trying to make me breathe too fast RealityShifter 9 6,189 10-30-2022, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.