Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need mask "like" p10, but better headgear.Swift Fx/LT?
Need mask "like" p10, but better headgear.Swift Fx/LT?
Sorry to rush ya'll, I am not wanting to be rude, just leaving for DME in an hour or two.

I love my p10 as far as nasal fit, but I need more adjust-ability in headgear...Any recommendations?

I'm considering the Swift LT
for her...or Swift FX for her or ? Thoughts?

Thanks Peeps,

Will keep ya posted,

Susan

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need mask "like" p10, but better headgear.Swift Fx/Lx?
I will know more about the Pilairo Q when I get it in, early next week, but first time with pillows might slow evaluation down a bit. It was one of the highest rated pillow masks in all the reviews I read. Comes with a skinny strap like the P10, but also comes with one that will offer more support. Price not too bad.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need mask "like" p10, but better headgear.Swift Fx/Lx?
Thanks Salty,
I'll look at that. Sounds interesting. Let me know how you like it once you adjust to pillows.

Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need mask "like" p10, but better headgear.Swift Fx/LT?
The Swift FX and the P10 are essentially the same mask just the Swift has better headgear.

The Swift LT is a decent mask. I had it for years.

Have you seen our Review section? Several of these masks are reviewed there. You can get your answers quicker.

Also, I deleted your duplicate thread.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2015, 09:02 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The Swift FX and the P10 are essentially the same mask just the Swift has better headgear...

Essentially? You moderate the thread that evaluates the P10, and you know full well there are many more differences than the headgear. Bigwink

It is significantly lighter.

The CO2 venting is significantly improved.

The hose is much more flexible where it joins the mask.

The nosepiece detaches from the mask easily for cleaning.

The annoying 90-degree swivel has been done away with.

The nosepiece itself has a different curve on the pillow design which is more stable and less prone to leaks because it has more surface contact with the nares, and side pressure that would tend to dislodge it snugs up to the nares instead of allowing the pillows to roll off.

The FX is not essentially the same as the P10, other than they are both nasal pillow masks, just like an Audi is not essentially the same as a BMW, other than they are both German-engineered automobiles.
Post Reply Post Reply
I fully agree with TyroneShoes comments & analysis. One further pluspoint for the P10 is the lack of noise the new venting mesh enables, compared to the older models.

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that's very helpful Paula, Tyrone and GJW, even your different takes on it, are informative.

And Paula thanks for taking down the duplicate post...I tried to do it myself when I saw it happened, but it said something like I don't have access to doing so etc.

Since I'm heading in a direction most folk don't seem to go, ie, from the beloved p10 to what folks used before it (and yes, I know not everyone loves the p10) to older models, older school.

I also take some comfort that I come across masks that are "old school" that still have their strong adherants. It also makes me aware that if I find a mask I love, someday the company can get a brilliant idea to mess with it. I wonder if there are mask hoarders?

Will let ya know how it goes.
Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
Mask hoarder here !!!
I have one mask that sits perfect works exelent for me and thats the Primo P
Got me a few Respironics Primo P's stored in Dark, sealed, airtight, Sillicone powdered surroundings. just in case!!

Planning the same with the P10 ! like to have options !

Further more
In this topic
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P10?page=3

HOOTIETOOT talks about an ALOHA headgear peice that can be easily fitted to the P10

imo this makes the P10 look just a little more stable next to the other advantages in comp. to the Swift FX.
Post Reply Post Reply
Biggest difference for me between the Swift FX and the P10 is that the P10 exhaust doesn't sound like a small turbine engine. The flexible tubing on the P10 is softer than the Swift FX but I do miss the FX swivel. if the P10 hose gets a little too much bend in it, it restricts the airflow noticeably. I still like the P10 much better, however. I tried the nuance but the piece uner your nose seems much heavier than the P10.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry, Hen, that my quick answer to your question resulted in your thread downgrading into a critique of my comment then getting side railed into a comparison of the Swift FX and the P10 instead of getting the answers you need. Hopefully you'll get more soon.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,659 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 441 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 354 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 474 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,526 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 3 1,010 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Nickman111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.