Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

still tired
still tired
I use a devilbiss intellipap set at 5-15. My AHI's are around 6 still, and I feel pretty tired. No major leaks showing. I also have problem with stomach air which limits use. Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: still tired
how long have you been using your machine? I would suggest that you get some software and look at your data and see if you can see anything off and you can also post those graphs here and we can help you better. I am not sure if sleepyhead works with your machine but it is a free download. I think that it would be beneficial to raise your lower pressure in small increments because 5 is low and that could contribute to not getting enough air and apneas not being treated. I am sure others will have more suggestions for you.

welcome to this forum. it has a wealth of information and members that are very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
do you read the AHI from the machine screen? is it really consistent? when you say you feel tired, do you feel more fuzzy headed or exhausted, or sleepy? do you dream often, rarely, or hardly ever?
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome DBobrow,
There seem to be a lot of us January joiners on the list. I don't have any bright answers for you. I too haven't been able to get my avg daily AHI under 6. Are yours mostly OSA (obstructive) or Central events?

Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking closer at the report, my 90 and 95% pressures are 8.5 and 9.5. My EPI is 6. The AHI is pretty consistent, I think. Dreaming is pretty high, and the more I dream, the worse I sleep. Can this machine adjust exhalation pressure, or would that need a bipap machine? That might help the stomach air, I gather. I guess I'll try increasing the lower pressure for starters.
Post Reply Post Reply
My opinion is that you are doing fine, and you will be getting better soon. Your mad dreaming is probably what they call REM rebound. I think you should give it another week doing just what you are doing.

If you change anything, you might want to adjust your start pressure up from 5 to about 6 or 6.5 and see if that changes anything.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2015, 09:52 PM)dbobrow Wrote: Looking closer at the report, my 90 and 95% pressures are 8.5 and 9.5. My EPI is 6. The AHI is pretty consistent, I think. Dreaming is pretty high, and the more I dream, the worse I sleep. Can this machine adjust exhalation pressure, or would that need a bipap machine? That might help the stomach air, I gather. I guess I'll try increasing the lower pressure for starters.

Hi dbobrow,
From what I've read , if you have smartflex you should be able to choose one of three comfort settings for exhale .Which intellipap do you have?
Post Reply Post Reply
tired
I have not used my cpap machine in over a year is there any way it could cause any pain in my shoulder and/or neck pain. also I was going to start using it, But I feel like I don't get enough air to breath. (it has been unpluged all this time could it have lost its setting.
thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
it would be helpful to know what kind of machine that you have and what kind of mask you have and what your pressure settings are and if you know according to your sleep study what kind of you have that would help us help you
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest a trip to your doctor because neck and shoulder pain can be caused by a lot of things some not as serious as others but if it has been ongoing for more than a day or two I would definitely recommend a visit to your doctor or if it becomes more painful a trip to the ER might be in order
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 56 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 193 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 170 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,973 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 178 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 134 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.