Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone using the CPAP Seal Gel Liner?
Anyone using the CPAP Seal Gel Liner?
I've not been able to find any detailed user review comments on the intriguing CPAP SEAL Gel Liner soft polymer gel mask pad/sealer. If they work and if they hold up anywhere near the manufactures replacement time of 6 months then what looks costly on the surface might be a bargain.

Remzzz, Pad-a-cheek, and Silent Sleep pads have helped increase my compliance some but chronic inflammation on the sides of my nose at the point of cushion contact is apparent with my favorite mask to date, the Resmed F-10.

Any experienced comments or advice on the CPAP SEAL Gel Liner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
~ Doc
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone using the CPAP Seal Gel Liner?
I ordered one last month and it was unusable by me. It is so sticky that it sticks to itself and I could not get it to work at all. The company web site says there is a customer satisfaction guarantee within 15 days but you need to email them for a return authorization. I emailed them and they never supplied the RA. They even just called me as I am writing this and hung up on me when I asked what was unreasonable about expecting a return email within the one day they indicated on the web site and why they sent me an email saying it was shipped when it was not. Now they are threatening to sue me for harassment because after they hung up on me I called them back to finish the discussion but they hung up again and re stated that they are going to sue me..... This has been my experience with this company and its product.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the CPAP Seal but didn't like it at all. It didn't hold its shape properly and was very clammy and unpleasant against the skin. I gave up after the second night.

I find a couple of layers of flannelette draped carefully over the bridge of the nose is sufficient to prevent irritation and stop leaks up the side of the nose. Just be careful that the ends of the cloth don't poke you in the eyes!
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
(02-15-2017, 04:48 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I tried the CPAP Seal but didn't like it at all. It didn't hold its shape properly and was very clammy and unpleasant against the skin. I gave up after the second night.

I find a couple of layers of flannelette draped carefully over the bridge of the nose is sufficient to prevent irritation and stop leaks up the side of the nose. Just be careful that the ends of the cloth don't poke you in the eyes!

I think I may have a limited imagination, could you please be a little more specific, about your technique? I would like to try it. with my F and P Simplus. For example, how wide, and long are you talking about? Thank you, DeepBreathing

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Hockenberry. What you need is a strip of flannelette about 15mm wide and 60 - 75mm long (may vary depending on your mask type and the shape of your nose). I use four layers but that depends on the thickness of the cloth. Place the centre of the strip on the bridge of your nose so that the two ends lie down across your cheekbone. When you put the mask on, arrange the cloth so that the mask cushion sits neatly on the fabric (it's easier than it sounds). If you do it right the fabric will seal the gap at the side of your nose, preventing the air from blowing in your eyes. It will also cushion your nose so you don't get irritations or pressure sores.

Depending on the width of the strip you end up with (and whether you've got a nice clean edge or lots of loose ends) it's possible the fabric can touch your eyes - this is to be avoided.

Good luck - let us know how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think things went well, for a first try, last night. My A/HI was 0.63, the second lowest since I started using SH, and the lowest, since I started using the Simplus mask. I used 2 layers, of new flannel, 35mm x 75mm. I couldn't make a 15mm width, work, and experienced a blowout in the early AM, so, I'm going to try the same width and 95mm length, with three layers  , tonight. Even with the blowout, my leak rate, was greatly reduced, and never went over the redline. I think it's a very easy solution, to those pesky leaks around the eyes.   
Cleaver
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear that it worked. That's my good deed for the day. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
I got irritation on the bridge of my nose after I started using the ResMed F20 mask.  I started used a short strip of plastic medical adhesive tape over the bridge of my nose and it works fine.  No irritation and it comes off easily the next morning.  Also very cheap-about $2.50 for a 9 yard roll at the grocery store.
Post Reply Post Reply
This post? Is 100% SPOT ON! I have had the same experience but my husband is a BULL DOG. First we politely Emailed and called saying "nice product but 2 things 1) it is far to sticky and will cause facial skin breakouts, 2) You do not provide a case to hold these to keep from dust etc. we would like to return less your $10.00 restocking fees per your website terms and conditions.

5 days no reply. So hubby sends an Email saying "You want your company all over social media let me know" they reply a nasty Email "We do not like your rude threats read our terms for return"

Hubby replies "THERE IT IS I did read your return policy, am paying to send FED EX PROVIDE AN RMA" They finally provide an RMA Return Autho number. We send FED EX it is signed for within 48 hours. They promise "Refund less $10.00 restocking fee within 5 days after we receive" 10 days later nothing. Husband Emails this past weekend. They read Email Sunday night and reply, and I quote "You will receive a reply from our Attorney/Legal Department before the end
of next business day 3/20/2017."

HUSBAND replies back "Contacted US Bank Dispute Resolution, have your attorney spend your money as we receive our refund"

The product is as advertised but STICKY, they claim all natural etc. Sure looks like sticky silicone. If you are not fearful of face breaking out, etc. these WILL seal, but their packaging and customer service leaves a LOT to be desired.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 333 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
  F/P Vitera Mask seal problem bryank1 8 985 10-31-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  0/20 mask seal scores... please help! 1978 7 1,974 05-21-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] AirSense 10 Water Chamber INLET Seal lcfield 5 2,226 03-09-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: lcfield
  Experience about the the Evora FFM seal ? Albatros 3 816 03-04-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: nmwhitneyjr
  Trouble Getting Good Mask Seal Pole 5 866 03-01-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Dreamwear FFM & Padacheek liner Summer 0 383 01-22-2023, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Summer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.