Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help reviewing sleepyhead data...
Help reviewing sleepyhead data...
Been on CPAP for about 5 years, but the past six months I've been feeling particularly fatigued.

My last sleep study was many years ago. I switched to an APAP on my nickel a while ago vs. the dumb fixed pressure cpap I was initially given. Would love some feedback on my settings, sleepyhead data, and next steps.

Intellipap Autoadjust Apap, currently set to 9-14
Flexifit HC407 Mask
No humidifier.

Questions:
  • My AHI seems too high, typically around 6-7. The last screenshot, AHI 3.7, was an unusually low AHI.Thoughs?
  • Suggestions on changes to pressure settings?
  • No idea if my leak rates are appropriate.
  • Do different cpap's measure AHI differently? (for example, does intellipap generally measure differently and/or show higher AHI than S9?)
  • What additional screenshots can I provide?
  • Would investing in an APAP that records more data (like Airsense 10 or S9) help me self manage my apnea a bit better?
  • In terms of presenting the info/screenshots/reports/graphs, suggestions on what you do and don't need to see?

Here are some reports and screen captures from Sleepyhead:

[Image: i-gJJh5kQ-XL.jpg]
[Image: i-zwKqfpH-XL.jpg]
[Image: i-NVsMdkg-XL.jpg]
[Image: i-Wz6jCTF-XL.jpg]
[Image: i-T4H6rp9-XL.jpg]
[Image: i-SxG78vT-XL.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help reviewing sleepyhead data...
Hi zzzpfb,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there and someone will be along to help you interpret your graphs, soon.
Much success to you as you continue and fine tune your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
All look pretty nice to me, no big issues. surprised you are getting nearly all Hypopneas. If you ran your report from Feb 6 to present, it looks like you'd be at or under 5.0.

suggestion, have sleepyhead see if it can find apneas that are just 8 seconds. I forget if Sleepyhead version you have allows that. Called user flag, you can set the length of halted breathing and it will count those too.

If your data includes flow rate, you might zoom in and look at that as well, to see how disturbed your flow rate is during those hypopneas.

Maybe you could post a chart of your results from before you started feeling worse.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Really looks pretty good all in all. I think you are one that will do better with a very tight range of pressures. You're already nicely tight, but I think I'd try raising the minimum to 9.5 and see what happens. You're very close to your "sweet spot," so you don't want to change more than one thing at a time, so if it were me, I'd start there and watch it for a couple of days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your smartflex is set to zero. this means your IPAP = EPAP.

Since most of your events are Hypopnea, that means that your you can eliminate them by raising some good old pressure support.
You should try this: raise minimum pressure by 1cm. Set Smartflex to 1. This will give you a pressure support of 1cm = (IPAP-EPAP). You can play around with the flex rounding settings to see whatever feels most comfortable to you. This will help eliminate hypopneas. Try this for 10 days. Then see if H events are eliminated. If not, then add 1 more to min pressure and set smartflex to 2.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Reviewing OSCAR Data wiggle 1 447 04-10-2023, 08:13 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 801 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Need Help Reviewing OSCAR Data sunsaffron 5 702 01-19-2022, 08:29 PM
  [Diagnosis] Help with reviewing OSCAR results Sequest 12 1,218 11-21-2021, 06:27 PM
  Help reviewing my chart jeepfan30 5 1,198 12-03-2020, 11:27 AM
Last Post: jeepfan30

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.