Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't adjust to the CPAP
RE: Can't adjust to the CPAP
(04-12-2015, 07:54 AM)theroefam Wrote: Finally, my last three nights have been good.

I decided to try a Full Face Mask. Once I put it on in the store, I knew that was going to fix my problem.
My last three nights I can definitely say I've sleep better that any day since getting the CPAP.

So why I decided to go Full Face -
Last week I increased the pressure again to 8. This time I didn't feel any better during my sleep. So I went ahead and reduced it back down.
When I tried to look at everything. I realized I was having bad nights and really bad nights. On my really bad nights - I just couldn't stop mouth breathing (chin straps - I tried tightening, then went to tape. That seemed to help at first, but on the really bad nights, I breathed hard enough to open the tape). My really bad nights seemed to be linked to being over tired (getting to bed a little late, or have a couple beers that evening). Since I have been unable to teach myself to stop mouth breathing, I decided to try to the Full Mask.

So now I have the pressure set to 7, and I'm trying out the Resmed F10. My AHI has gone up some - but it is probably giving me a more realistic number now that I'm actually sleeping instead of just lying there. Hopefully it will stabilize and start to go down. But I'm not to worried about that right now.

Thanks for everyone's help. This forum has provided a great asset for me to help me get through this. There were a couple times I almost called it quits, but the words here helped out a lot.

Congratulations!

I do not understand why your doctor insisted on a mono pressure device. My doctor does not even bother to carry them. That is why i feel so fortunate to have him!

It took me a while to get used to sleeping with a mask, I think choosing the machine is the easy part, finding the perfect companion mask is an important key to success. Then comes the part of not tightening it so much that it leaves marks on your face. I like both the Wisp and Eson because now that I am not so paranoid about leaks I wear it quite loosely and it does not create leaks nor leave any marks on my face.

And after you work out everything, there are still going to be some good nights and not so good nights even with cpap!

Good luck to you going forward!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 290 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR? theredheadsaid 65 7,069 09-09-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Equipment] Adjust time on Airsense 11 Liveoak86 2 603 08-19-2023, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Liveoak86
Sad Please review my data and help me adjust my settings DC2Shogun 61 4,378 08-13-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help me understand / adjust Aircurve10 ASV vs S9VPAP settings patrickbrem 2 373 08-08-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: patrickbrem
  Is it time to adjust up or down? SleeplessNSeattle 1 454 07-16-2023, 02:36 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can’t adjust to nasal mask HRU1923 6 918 06-11-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: HRU1923

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.