Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

small head? bad mask fit
small head? bad mask fit
I've been using my ResMed CPAP for about 2 months with great success. My problem is in finding the "right" nasal pillow. I started out with the Airfit P10 for women, but it is way too big. I tied knots in each of the straps to make them smaller, but it is still too loose and comes off my head during the night. I was then switched to the Swift fx nasal mask and then to the Fisher & Paykel Pilairo Q Nasal Pillows. I'm now wondering if I just have weird facial geometry. With both of the latter two, if the straps across my cheeks are high enough to go above my ears, then they are over my eyes. I can get a snug enough fit, but it is terribly uncomfortable to have a strap over my eyes. I'm a small person, but I've never thought of myself as tiny. I wish I could draw a picture of this. I've been very compliant, but I'd sure like to find a mask with a better fit.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: small head? bad mask fit
I would look into the Aloha too. It's pretty adjustable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi hirsc003,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
For some nasal masks, you can get headgear that is reduced size. Good luck to you in finding a mask that will fit, and work well.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm definitely not a healthcare professional, but after reading your post - I was wondering if a 'child's mask' might fit your face and head better? It isn't quite the same, but I have a friend who buys all her socks in the children's section because she has real small feet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 342 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,692 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 283 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  CPAP Does Not Control Small Chokes Buitlear 27 2,007 12-03-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Buitlear
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 484 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 725 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [CPAP] ResMed A10 small particles in distilled water in humidifier tank GuitarRebel 24 5,080 08-29-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.