Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Well duh...
Well duh...
OK, this is the first time I've pulled this one. After I woke up the first time I took the mask off to go use the facilities. Came back to bed and carefully put my mask back on, lay down again and went to sleep. Only thing was, I forgot to plug the ding dang hose back in!

So my machine thinks I only slept just over four hours last night. The AHI was pretty darned good though, since my events tend to cluster after that first sleep session and didn't get recorded today...

I wonder if I should make a check list...
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Well duh...

Well you could make a list, but you probably won't look at it. :grin:

I usually just push the knob on machine to turn off, then unhook my mask from hose. I leave the hose attached to the machine, and my mask is still on my face.
This way when I'm ready to come back to bed, I just attach my mask to the hose and turn the machine back on.

I think we all have are quirky routines! Oh-jeez
Whatever works for us.
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2015, 04:02 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I usually just push the knob on machine to turn off, then unhook my mask from hose. I leave the hose attached to the machine, and my mask is still on my face.
This way when I'm ready to come back to bed, I just attach my mask to the hose and turn the machine back on.

I do that too. Would be a pain to try and get everything attached again in the dark. Given that I'm not quite used to it yet.

I would probably scare the life out of my wife if she walked in to the bathroom while I was just wearing the mask.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2015, 09:37 AM)AlanE Wrote:
(04-09-2015, 04:02 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I usually just push the knob on machine to turn off, then unhook my mask from hose. I leave the hose attached to the machine, and my mask is still on my face.

I do that too. Would be a pain to try and get everything attached again in the dark. Given that I'm not quite used to it yet.

I would probably scare the life out of my wife if she walked in to the bathroom while I was just wearing the mask.

Well, would scare a burglar away if nothing else! I'm referring to myself.
Rolling laugh
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This morning no data on my card for last night. Seems I didn't put it back in the right way. Oh well at least my modem will have sent the data to Resmed, so have a look at the "My Air" site. Oops - no data showing there! Not just for today but for yesterday, and I know it was definitely there yesterday. Paging back a few days shows no data for any day.

Drat.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2015, 05:49 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: This morning no data on my card for last night. Seems I didn't put it back in the right way. Oh well at least my modem will have sent the data to Resmed, so have a look at the "My Air" site. Oops - no data showing there! Not just for today but for yesterday, and I know it was definitely there yesterday. Paging back a few days shows no data for any day.

Drat.

Ed,

That's why I opted to use a FlashAir SD card along with the SleepMaster software utility. My card stays in, and I can access it anytime I'm on my home network. Another benefit, is that the machine card reader wear and tear is greatly reduced.
Post Reply Post Reply
1. What is this FLASH AIR sorcery you speak of? Do you replace the sd card that is in the machine? Mine says Philips...
2. This morning I tried to turn off my alarm by repeatedly hitting the button on my BiPap.
"Hodor," said Hodor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2015, 08:21 AM)Hodor Wrote: 1. What is this FLASH AIR sorcery you speak of? Do you replace the sd card that is in the machine? Mine says Philips...
2. This morning I tried to turn off my alarm by repeatedly hitting the button on my BiPap.

Hodor,

The FlashAir card is an SDHC card that replaces the one in your machine. It contains a wireless chip that will communicate with your computer network.

See the link:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t=flashair
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2015, 08:59 AM)WSHenry Wrote:
(04-12-2015, 08:21 AM)Hodor Wrote: 1. What is this FLASH AIR sorcery you speak of? Do you replace the sd card that is in the machine? Mine says Philips...

Hodor,

The FlashAir card is an SDHC card that replaces the one in your machine. It contains a wireless chip that will communicate with your computer network.

See the link:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t=flashair

Warning: Not all FlashAir cards work for this. The way the card works makes it squirrelly to use. Someone wrote a nice "sleepmaster" program that makes it a lot easier to access the data wirelessly with a FlashAir card, but it's still geeky and prone to problems.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.