Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Air Curve ASV - Newbie
RE: Air Curve ASV - Newbie
(04-18-2015, 11:03 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(04-17-2015, 02:31 PM)randeh Wrote: Well I had a great night sleep and I felt good when I got up. The larger nasal pillow and lower settings sure helped. The report shows a large leak but I do not remember anything about that. Bed

1. I am still getting some air swallowing so maybe a lower EPAP max would help but I will wait a few nights.

A moderate amount of air swallowing is normal with ASV therapy.

I suggest taking daily or twice daily a "probiotic" such as Garden of Life brand "Primal Defense Ultra" so that the air which is swallowed and passes through the system will not get smelly. Also, probiotics are a great boost to our immune system and general good health.

With the probiotic, I also take a time release Magnesium pill (Jig Saw brand sustained release Magnesium) to avoid constipation which sometimes happens when we take probiotics. A moderate amount of Magnesium is also very good in general for our health.

Hello Vsheline,

I will try the probiotic's my wife will be happy she has been after me to get back on them.

I cannot take Magnesium because of the severe effect it has on my daily constitution. It is something that test show I need but I have yet to find one that my bowel can tolerate. I will check out the dosage of the Jig Saw brand.

Kind Regards,

Randy
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2015, 07:25 AM)randeh Wrote: Last night I woke at around 2:30 and was able to get back to sleep although from that time on it was very interrupted. During that time my AHI went up to 5.0 but my average for the night was 1.32.

At 2:30, did you actually get up? As in take the mask off? It just sounds like maybe you did one of my favorite tricks which is to put it back on upside down. It'll actually work that way although leakage will go up. ...and yours is a little high.......... Effectiveness/comfort will not be as good.... Translate to restlessness.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2015, 10:24 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(04-19-2015, 07:25 AM)randeh Wrote: Last night I woke at around 2:30 and was able to get back to sleep although from that time on it was very interrupted. During that time my AHI went up to 5.0 but my average for the night was 1.32.

At 2:30, did you actually get up? As in take the mask off? It just sounds like maybe you did one of my favorite tricks which is to put it back on upside down. It'll actually work that way although leakage will go up. ...and yours is a little high.......... Effectiveness/comfort will not be as good.... Translate to restlessness.

No, I might have opened my big mouth! Lolabove

I received a chin strap yesterday and wore it last night but I think my ace bandage (with velcro) that I cut to length is a better solution.

I think I will try the full mask tonight due to my congestion although I do not look forward to it after being spoiled by the P10.

Post Reply Post Reply
Don't give up on your P10 because of congestion. Try it. In my case I've had some pretty severe congestive times, as in colds and such, and the P10 always happily finds it's way through my stopped up nosie to my cute little lungs. By morning my cold/congestion are usually things of the past.

"The Resmed P10.... It's not only good for goats, it's an amazing cold remedy."

Sooner or later everyone will use the P10. Resistance is futile.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 371 9 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 476 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 263 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 291 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.