Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Old timer but discouraged
RE: Old timer but discouraged
(04-13-2015, 10:16 AM)GrammaBear Wrote: I am supposed to be getting new supplies via the DME (Medicare's every 3 month thing) soon, so could it be that the nasal pillows are just worn out?

Yes!!! My pillows get less effective after just 2 weeks - I still use them but find it annoying (im a perfectionist....)
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2015, 10:16 AM)GrammaBear Wrote: Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I truly don't understand how my AHI can be fairly good at 0.5 to 2.0 but the leaks can be not so good at 14, 24, and several times I've had a 51. I am supposed to be getting new supplies via the DME (Medicare's every 3 month thing) soon, so could it be that the nasal pillows are just worn out?

I know I'm having some leaks, but for the most part I'm not even looking at the leak data. I don't know how to interpret it anyway... Smile

I see leaks showing across most of the night, sometimes a spike, sometimes 30-60 minutes with almost no leaks. Supposedly the Resmed filters out the expected leaks that come from the vent, and only shows the additional leaks in the data.

I don't think I'm leaking as much as SleepyHead says (based on the Resmed data given to it). For example, it says I'm leaking during that 20 minutes when I'm first going to sleep. I'm pretty sure I'm not leaking during that time, so maybe it doesn't really know as much as it thinks it does?

Mainly I know my obstructives have pretty much disappeared, and my hypopneas are infrequent and only 10 or 11 seconds long. So I'm happy with that part of it, which I think is the main part. If I was still getting cotton mouth, then I would worry more about the leaks, but that is mostly resolved now too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Grammabear:

Please do not fret over the numbers. They are just numbers.

worn_out_in_lebanon:

When you see a spiky leaks look at your flow rate at the same time. I think that you will find a fair correlation some of the time. For a possible explanation of why, I will be starting a thread called "When a Leak Isn't"

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2015, 10:16 AM)GrammaBear Wrote: I am supposed to be getting new supplies via the DME (Medicare's every 3 month thing) soon, so could it be that the nasal pillows are just worn out?

I think medicare will replace pillows twice a month.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exhausted despite good numbers. Feeling discouraged. OSCAR report attached. carls376 1 651 02-23-2023, 08:55 PM
Last Post: racprops
Thumbsup First timer MnGeno 20 2,038 09-27-2022, 02:42 PM
Last Post: MnGeno
Question Sudden Pressure jumps and timer reset JefferyG 2 734 03-15-2021, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Leak/Fit problems - looking for mask suggestions for first-timer fs12 13 2,817 05-06-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: fs12
  A lost and discouraged CPAP newbie.... yetanotherusername 11 2,394 01-07-2018, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  So discouraged and sad Solar Rays 14 2,435 12-11-2017, 08:51 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Sad Depressed & Discouraged...What have i gotten into? monuoha 14 3,586 12-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Last Post: freetime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.