Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Autoset vs. CPAP
RE: Autoset vs. CPAP
(04-15-2015, 04:36 PM)iSnore Wrote: My new sleep doc, a younger fella, told me he doesn't write prescriptions for less than automatic models. It's his basic standard of care.
I agree,
I know in my case the doctor seemed like he was going to go with the straight cpap pressure, then it was like he remembered there such a thing as auto machine and that's what he wrote.
I don't know how long the auto machines have been around , but I'm glad he did what he did because I hadn't a clue about anything to do with cpap. ( they also didn't explan it well either) .
This Site ROCKS!!!!
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2015, 04:36 PM)iSnore Wrote: My new sleep doc, a younger fella, told me he doesn't write prescriptions for less than automatic models. It's his basic standard of care.

My sleepdoc is the same. and he actually looks at the data on my card! (he is also an apnea patient... might have something to do with it)
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't be surprised if some DMEs start defaulting to filling CPAP prescriptions with autos. I'll bet their compliance rates are higher and return rates lower going that route.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the sleep doc is going to look at your data at the appointment, I would probably wait till after to mess with setting changes. Some docs take it personal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  [Treatment] Air curve Asv CPAP mode vs AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP mode (I don't adapt autoasv) Emtvalenti 0 399 05-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,385 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,862 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  [Pressure] New to CPAP - Need help with pressure settings (ResMed 10 AutoSet) PressurisedPete 6 1,089 12-05-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: PressurisedPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.