Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hose Cover and heated hose
RE: Hose Cover and heated hose
I have two heated hoses...

The first one was an after market hose that came with a cover fitted. It works fine on the old Respironics I use when I am traveling.

The other is the hose that came with the new Respironics I bought earlier this year. It didn't come with a cover but it has a sensor in the user end of the hose that measures the temperature (or humidity perhaps) of the air being delivered to the mask... A cover would be compensated for by that.

I guess a really high powered heated hose without any feedback control loop could get too hot and fail but I have never seen such a hose....

Overall - I call 'Old Wives Tale'... and there is more than a few of those in this area...
Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply
.. oops - double post... Sorry.
Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not see any problem with a reasonable cover on a heated hose. The heating circuit would work less hard.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Kind of sounds like someone advising you not to insulate your house because your gas furnace is going to burn the house down if you do... Smile

"You'll put your eye out!" "Your face is gonna freeze that way!"

(I got some good sleep last night - I'm feeling a little silly this morning) Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't use a hose cover on my climateline not out of fear that it will overheat or not function properly, but because I wash my hose every morning and it'd be a pain in the butt to constantly remove and re wrap the hose. Long story short, I'm just to lazy for that Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 611 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 359 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.