Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello All. Noob alert!
Hello All. Noob alert!
Just to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. Diagnosed late 2013, given a Resmed and the gadgets but looking back nothing was really explained to me. So I have finally decided to find out what is going on and why i put this lovely mask on every night and wake up with dread every morning to see if its still on my head…. it often isn't…

So get ready for some dumb questions, I have downloaded Sleepyhead tonight and I'm amazed with the info available, why did I not know this existed?

Be kind Smile

Up The Mask Heads Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello All. Noob alert!
Hi Pablocouk,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Pablocouk! Don't fret. And call yourself a Newbie, as a Noob is different beast altogether (well to me anyways). Keep at it. I find the hardest part is getting used to the mask and hose and not getting tangled up. You might be removing the mask if you don't fell like you are getting enough air.
Post your stats for a look at your pressures and AHIs. If you feel like you can't breathe, don't be afraid to turn the pressure up a notch to 6.5 or 7. You will eventually find a sweet spot of pressures, mask, comfort and habit where everything will come together.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2015, 01:36 PM)Pablocouk Wrote: Just to say hello to everyone and introduce myself.
Diagnosed late 2013...
So get ready for some dumb questions, I have downloaded Sleepyhead tonight and I'm amazed with the info available...

Hello Pablo! Glad you found this place. Fire away with the questions, there are lots of (helpful) opinions to be found here. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board! The mask is usually the hardest part of adjustment to therapy. I would find a way to keep it on your head, whether it's with tape or some other means. You want to make it a pain in the butt to get off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Pablocouk,
Have you given any thought to trying a different mask? If you are removing it at night, then you are not receiving optimum therapy. There are tons of different masks out there. One of the hardest parts of therapy is finding a mask that you really love.......well like. :grin:
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with CPAP tuning for a noob arjaydev 1 235 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  NOTICE: FDA Fire Safety Alert Dreamstation 2 Gideon 15 1,259 12-03-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: kotaKat
Question [CPAP] Noob - overwhelmed with Oscar Data Lobelia48 9 898 02-08-2023, 03:58 AM
Last Post: chewielotuses
  Total BIPAP noob consolidated thread Morgannon 3 465 01-24-2023, 02:54 AM
Last Post: Morgannon
  ALERT regarding possible re-breathing issues with Resmed Airfit P10 mdmarmd 14 11,310 01-03-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: KAHLDAHL
  Bipap Noob Questions supyasieve 14 1,154 10-19-2022, 03:18 PM
Last Post: supyasieve
Angry [CPAP] Huge noob here. Really POed at Resmed/DME and could use help now! debhona12 15 1,475 06-01-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: sonicboom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.