Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure Change
Pressure Change
I use a ResMed Elite S9 at a pressure setting of 19 and I've noticed that after about an hour the pressure drops significantly causing me to wake up, is this normal? Is this something I can adjust?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure Change
G'day Doug, welcome to Apnea Board.

The Elite should maintain a constant pressure all night. If it does drop suddenly, two things come to mind - 1) the machine is experiencing a malfunction, or 2) there is a significant leak. A pressure of 19 is very high - almost at the upper limit of what the machine can produce, so it's not impossible it's overheating. But more likely you're experiencing a leak somewhere along the system.

I see you're not using software - I'd suggest you install Sleepyhead and monitor what's happening. http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/ Sleepyhead is user-friendly (to quote an old term) and will indicate the pressure, flow rates, leaks etc. In the absence of software, you can also check the LCD display - press the two silver buttons together for 3 seconds. Then use the push-dial to select and click on the second icon from the top, which will give you a detailed list of your parameters including 90% leaks. This might give you a clue as to what's happening, but the software gives a much more comprehensive report.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure Change
Hi dougjohnson,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 316 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Pressure max/min clarification and change I made richapple 5 365 01-28-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: richapple
  EPR Change to Help With Flow Limits? upsman 4 361 01-22-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: upsman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.