Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Im Thinking about getting a S9 autoset.
Im Thinking about getting a S9 autoset.
Hello all !! I have been useing a s9 resmed cpap for 4 months. And i dont feel well. Im thinking about taking the plunge on sat and buying a new resmed S9Auto from craigslist for $725. Brand new. How does that sound? I just started useing ResScan. And i have a lot of central apneas.

Thank you.
RE: Im Thinking about getting a S9 autoset.
S9 autoset is an awesome machine but it does nothing to central apnea.
craigslist machines don,t come with warranty but for a similar price you can get the S9 autoset and humidifier package from Supplier #2 with the two years warranty.
I would agree with Zonk... that price seems a bit high for something on Craigslist. I'd ask myself, "why is someone selling a brand new CPAP on Craigslist?" Might be something wrong with the machine and they're trying to shove the problem off on someone else.

For that kind of a price, I'd go to a professional website (like the ones in our Supplier List) and buy from them for a few dollars more - you'll get a warranty and a bit more peace of mind, rather than a $725 paper weight. Got mine from Supplier #1 for around $850, brand new... included hose, filter, power brick, carrying case, free shipping, etc.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Also, why do you not like your machine? Why are you having "lots of centrals"? Have you discussed this with the doctor??

How long have you had your current machine? If it has not been long, it is possible that your insurance will trade this one for another.

If you are having a lot of central events, you really need to discuss this with a doctor. An autoPAP is not for those with CSA.

And yes, what Zonk and SS said. That's a high price for one with no warranty.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(05-04-2012, 07:05 AM)zonk Wrote: S9 autoset is an awesome machine but it does nothing to central apnea.
craigslist machines don,t come with warranty but for a similar price you can get the S9 autoset and humidifier package from Supplier #2 with the two years warranty.

Check Out this video. It says the auto set does treat central apneas. It its own way. Even if it treats it by doing nothing. It is still aware of what it is. And reacts accordingly.

Damm. Cant paste the link. Its on youtube. Its the video made by resmed on the S9 auto.
(05-04-2012, 08:24 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I would agree with Zonk... that price seems a bit high for something on Craigslist. I'd ask myself, "why is someone selling a brand new CPAP on Craigslist?" Might be something wrong with the machine and they're trying to shove the problem off on someone else.

For that kind of a price, I'd go to a professional website (like the ones in our Supplier List) and buy from them for a few dollars more - you'll get a warranty and a bit more peace of mind, rather than a $725 paper weight. Got mine from Supplier #1 for around $850, brand new... included hose, filter, power brick, carrying case, free shipping, etc.
Thank you. I have the same thoughts about the craiglist purchase. It is brand new non refurbished machine. Comes with humidifier hose etc. And comes with mask. The guy has a few maskes he said i can pick one. And he will fit me with one. All for $725. And hes letting come to his home. Which is only about 5 miles from me. I notice in the succsess stories on the board. You will notice everyone with a succsess story has a S9 autoset.

The S9 AutoSet detect central apnea just the the same as your S9 Elite does and the only difference the autoset can be used in cpap and auto.
Check the Product Reviews Forum for all the links including youtube videos posted by ResMed vice president.
I'd call him up and ask him why he's selling the machine. Make sure he gives you a valid reason.. if he says "I'm upgrading to a VPAP or Bi-level or another machine" say, "Oh great... can I see your new machine? - always wanted to see one!" Make sure he's not giving you a line of baloney. If he doesn't have his replacement machine to show you, I'd suspect something is up.

Also, not sure how to do this, but I think someone around here posted a note on how to check the actual number of hours a machine has been used. (not user hours, which can be reset, but blower hours, which cannot be changed) Can someone find that post? I can't seem to locate it.

Definitely put the machine on with mask and check for strange smells or attempted cover-up smells, like a disinfectant type or perfume type smells that might be attempting to mask other fouls smells.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(05-04-2012, 02:06 PM)chaddy511 Wrote: .... And hes letting come to his home. Which is only about 5 miles from me. I notice in the succsess stories on the board. [/size]

It has become common where I live to notice in the news that someone going to obtain/sell an item derived from Craig's list was robbed. If you must go, take at least one person with you, and I recommend a check over cash.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
(05-04-2012, 04:43 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Also, not sure how to do this, but I think someone around here posted a note on how to check the actual number of hours a machine has been used. (not user hours, which can be reset, but blower hours, which cannot be changed) Can someone find that post? I can't seem to locate it.
Me too it could be Steven (where,re you Steven, its not the same without having Coffee with you each morning) anyway its the same as the S9 Elite by checking the sleep report used hours which are number of hours the S9 has been used during the selected period or since the last compliance data reset and scrolling down to the run hours which are the total number of hours the S9 has been used including warm-up and cool-down times for the humidifier. It is not affected by the period selected. This is the only data item that is not reset when data is erased.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 118 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  For anyone who is thinking of giving up on CPAP because of the nuisance...... BigWing 3 375 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [CPAP] I cannot keep my mask on, and I'm thinking of returning the machine. blakeh36 1 375 11-12-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Thinking I might lower my pressure David Clark 2 611 05-22-2023, 10:00 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,387 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,864 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  AirSense11 AutoSet dougsooley 4 756 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dougsooley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.