Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] When did you start feeling the benefits?
RE: When did you start feeling the benefits?
I noticed effects within days of getting the therapy under control ... the headaches - or lack thereof - were the most noticeable change.

My clinic didn't tell me what my numbers were so much as how bad it was -- even commenting I was the loudest snore they had had come through their center. I knew the snore was bad, people would wake me up when I dozed on trains. But the apnea was described as 39 events per hour, each event longer than 20 seconds. That meant I wasn't breathing for almost a half of each hour I slept.

Overall it was a rocky start, but after a couple months I was on my way to dependence. When the machine and I finally clicked, mornings became my friend again.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When did you start feeling the benefits?
(06-02-2015, 10:52 PM)GWild Wrote: I noticed effects within days of getting the therapy under control

Same - its only day two for me .. but already not 'micro-sleeping' in the afternoon at work, not struggling in the evening, waking up feeling WAAAAYYY more refreshed.

Pretty much havent changed anything else either, same caffeine intake, same bed times, same 'length' of sleep etc.

Best of luck to all!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 308 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,277 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 547 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,086 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.