Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead wake number
Sleepyhead wake number
Hi,
I am curious as to how the "Wake" time is calculated for the daily view (Date-Sleep-Wake-Hours). I assume it means the amount of time the CPAP is being used by the user and the user is awake. The values I see there seem low to me. Just wondering as I find the measure valuable to pass on to my doctor and to measure my progress.

Larry McKee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead wake number
It's set to the time you last stopped the machine. When you woke up and last shut off the machine for example. Hours is the total time you spent using the machine (or the machine was at least turned on). Note that Sleep - Wake does not necessary = Hours. You could have paused it to use the bathroom or like me I just happen to get up around 1am for no darn reason and sit on the couch for an hour or two.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm confused, Alan. I went back and looked at my Wake numbers and they are like:

0:48:38
2:35:48
1:51:02
1:29:58
1:09:17
3:10:24
2:27:42

The 3:10 number I could see as a time I stopped the session. The rest, no way. I still don't understand what it is trying to tell me.

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe Sleepy head just counts the number of times you stopped the machine during the night. Resmed calls the "Mask on/off" events on it's MyAir site, but the numbers are consistent between the two programs.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2015, 04:47 PM)mckee105 Wrote: I'm confused, Alan. I went back and looked at my Wake numbers and they are like:

0:48:38
2:35:48
1:51:02
1:29:58
1:09:17
3:10:24
2:27:42

The 3:10 number I could see as a time I stopped the session. The rest, no way. I still don't understand what it is trying to tell me.

Larry

With a Resmed you might have the Auto Start/Stop feature on. . . I can never remember the trade name for this option. Basically it allows the unit to turn on automatically when the user breathes through the mask and will turn off if the mask is removed. There have been reports that a major leak will cause it to turn off and, when the mask is repositioned, it will turn back on. This could account for all those times you have listed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,
Thanks for the replies. I do have Auto on/off on. The numbers I am referring to appear to be a duration (not a count). I am talking about Wake which is one of the numbers under orange backgrounded AHI number. My hours numbers are in the 6.x range.
What I think I want (and have requested in a separate reguest) is a duration when the CPAP machine is at full pressure. I think this will give me a good idea of how much of my 6.x hours is sleep. I was hoping Wake was this number.

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
sleepyhead can give you this. There is a chart at the bottom that looks like a table of numbers with superimposed crazy lines of various colors. Ignore the lines for a minute, and look at the second or third row, which is labeled MaP or min, which is the minutes that you were at that pressure (or in that pressure band).

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you QAL. I will look into it.

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
The feature in Resmed is called Autostart. It does both, start when you start breathing into the mask and turns off the machine if you remove the mask. It can either be on or off, there is no separate controls for starting and stopping.

[Image: qkdyUgVl.png]
click to see full size

The Sleep in the highlighted area is when you turned on the machine "FOR THE DAY" and the Wake is the time you last turn off the machine "FOR THAT DAY".

The day ends typically at Noon.

In the above chart, there are 3 sessions.

So last night, at 21:34pm, I started with the machine for that day.

The first session lasted a whopping 17 mins.
The second session lasted 3h 21 mins
and the last session lasted 4h 15 mins

For a total of 7h 53mins for the "day"

The session colors at the bottom just change color back in forth to show a new session between blue and yellow.

You can also turn on or off sessions and then only see the sessions you have on in the charts on the left (not in the screenshot). Click on the green (or red) bar next to each session.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,
Thanks for all the input. I believe QAL pointed me to what I was looking for. I would be great if that data could be put in an export file.

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 521 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Still wake up using CPAP urachan 3 338 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: urachan
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 456 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 291 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Number of Events? Heaviside 8 337 02-12-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 REF Number The Mask Bandit 2 201 02-05-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Low AHI - Why do I wake up? jkjsdflljkasdf9 3 416 02-05-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.