Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rat holing old stuff
RE: Rat holing old stuff
I used the same Aussie heated hose for six years and never got a lot of extra stuff. I did use an extra respironics hose for a duct to cool the beer tower in my Kegerator. I have a couple older FX mask head gear and pillows that I don't use, and an old M-Series Auto; but I definitely don't fit the hoarding idea. Been at this since 2008.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 09:19 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: BTW, I smoosh the slivers of the old soap bars into the new bar, too.

OMMOHY

I thought everyone does that!
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't do the soap bar thing. I read somewhere that there is a lot of Bacteria on used soap bars, wet and laying in a soap dish. eeew
Don't know how true it is.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello I'm Kevin and I'm a hoarder.
I've only just started but I have 3 hoses, 3 mask, 4 pillows and a bunch of filters and it not been 2 months yet what does the future hold ?

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 08:40 AM)k_ogre Wrote: Hello I'm Kevin and I'm a hoarder.
I've only just started but I have 3 hoses, 3 mask, 4 pillows and a bunch of filters and it not been 2 months yet what does the future hold ?

Another closet! Laugh-a-lot
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 08:32 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I don't do the soap bar thing. I read somewhere that there is a lot of Bacteria on used soap bars, wet and laying in a soap dish. eeew

Nah, for the most part, soap kills bacteria. Even the non "anti-bacterial" soap. The efficacy at killing bacteria may vary a little bit, but you don't have an environment conducive to harboring bacteria in any case.

And the top layers are washed away anyhow as soon as you put it under water flow.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 08:32 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I don't do the soap bar thing. I read somewhere that there is a lot of Bacteria on used soap bars, wet and laying in a soap dish. eeew

Which is why I never eat soap.

Actually, there is a rule of physics, or mathematics, or thumb that says "Stuff expands to fill the available space."

I have found that to be true with my office to the point I need a bigger office lest I have to start throwing stuff away, with my coffee room to the point I cannot add more espresso machines until I get a bigger coffee room, with Mrs. R_G's sewing room to the point where she cannot have another sewing machine unless she gets a bigger room, with my toilet seat-------- Well we won't go there.

It's just a thang thang.... Something to be tolerated, and experienced.

Post Reply Post Reply
I envy you guys. I have to buy all of my cpap supplies. I don't do that until I actually need to. It's surprising how much longer things last when you're paying full price for them. When I finish with them, they go directly in the trash.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just trying to understand this stuff Domino96 5 271 03-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Mod Note] Keep Your Stuff Together SuperSleeper 1 1,677 12-21-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP function question - basic stuff... Mandrake 11 1,184 01-10-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Mandrake
  How do you keep the machines away from mold and stuff? goku 7 947 08-09-2022, 06:24 PM
Last Post: hh9797
  [Symptoms] Weird stuff [waking in spasm] Styx 12 2,793 10-13-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: blancobonzo
  Stuff up nose at night, old machine? duece12345 5 1,410 10-13-2021, 10:17 AM
Last Post: allistairt
  Do we really need to clean this stuff? farnsy 29 5,004 01-30-2020, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Pat Knoll

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.