Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Day 1-2 Great! Day 3-4 Not and Sleepyhead
RE: Day 1-2 Great! Day 3-4 Not and Sleepyhead
(05-14-2015, 04:32 PM)cbrfoltz Wrote: But two things I am thinking. Night one, I wore the CPAP and watched TV for a while before I went to bed, possibly night 2 as well. Can't remember for certain on night 2.
Baire

That is why your AHI was lower that night. You had time without events added in.

AHI is the apnea events plus the hypopnea events divided by time. If you wear the CPAP while awake (yes, the machine may register false events) then go to sleep, all that time remains and it skews the data, making it appear as if your AHI is lower that it actually is.

If you want to wear your CPAP prior to sleep and watch TV (I assume you are doing so while in bed, which is bad, bad sleep hygiene), then when you think you are about to fall asleep or you turn off the TV, turn off the CPAP for a few seconds, then turn it back on. In SleepyHead, you can then "turn off" that time period and only use the time you slept as data.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Day 1-2 Great! Day 3-4 Not and Sleepyhead
The first night, I watched TV in the family room. The other nights, I read a book in bed. We don't have a TV in our room b/c sleep hygiene or not, we think it's a marriage killer.That sounded snarky, in print. What I mean is, no TV in bed. Maybe a book is not a great thing either. But, I had thought about the fact that I had an extra up to 30 minutes might skew the results. I like the idea of turning the machine off when I feel like I'm ready to fall asleep.

Thanks for confirming my theory on that! Am heading to bed now, and will see what happens with my new friend AHI tonight!

Baire
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 409 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  2 Months In, Waking hourly, but Oscar looks great (I think), what gives? SleepyEv 0 533 05-25-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: SleepyEv
  Started off great but now struggling logcuttertx 1 421 05-22-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Switched to ASV - AHI is great, but still feel like I'm not sleeping well Sassbeek 35 3,078 03-20-2023, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sassbeek
  Not sleeping as great as used to kemeky 12 978 12-11-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: kemeky
  Resmed A10 Autoset - Great Buy - Supplier 1 foss 0 515 11-29-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: foss
  [OXIMETER] Great deals withtao 0 497 11-27-2022, 11:20 AM
Last Post: withtao

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.