Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member Here
New Member Here
Hello All!

I was told by my wife that I had Apnea, and denied it for years. Finally got a sleep study last March, and yep, 67 Apneas per hour.
6weeks later, finally got to see the Dr. and am now waiting for my machine. I am getting a ResMed AirSEnse 10 Autoset, which, I gather, is a pretty decent machine. It's going to be set at 8 initially, (seems to me to defeat the purpose of an Auto machine) but that is what they want. My only experience so far with masks is the nasal pillow they gave me during my sleep study. Frankly, that thing HURT.

I'm an engineer. I like data and graphs and math, and my Dr. showed me all of that. So I am sold that the diagnosis is correct.

I am also not afraid of tinkering, and would love some recommendations on what software will work with my machine so I can get some better insights.

Lastly, for now, it is nice to find a community with the same problem I have, and I look forward to discussing how to get better with all of you.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member Here
SleepyHead and ResScan. I use both. You'll probably like Sleepyhead a little better. It has better graphs.

I agree on the pillows. I was using those at titration. It did hurt. Being an armchair quarterback I know now it was just cinched too tight.

Oh and Welcome! Wave
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm new too, waiting for my titration and to see the doc in early June. I found out today my dentist has a cpap (he said it took him about a week to get used to it).

Did the doc explain why he was starting you on straight pressure and not the auto? I'm just wondering what the thinking is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi parkerdt,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
A lot of people use SleepyHead software for their data-management. it works on Mac, Linux and Windows.
There is also another data-management software called ResScan which only works on Windows.
From what I read, SleepyHead is very user-friendly.
Hang in there for more answers to your post and much success to you as you start your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! In the 6 weeks between my sleep study and my Dr. appointment, I did try and wear the nasal pillows some to get used to them. Even by themselves, no machine, after an hour my nose was really hurting. Played with the strap etc., but no joy. They did give me the pretty purple Ladies model, and medium pillows. Wonder if the male model would help, even though the purple one seemed not too tight?

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. 8 was the lowest pressure during my titration that I was able to maintain 0 events. They want me to do that for 90 days, and then review the data to set new upper/lower limits. I suppose this makes sense, but isn't an auto machine supposed to do this all for you?

Thanks all for the replies and welcomes!

(05-14-2015, 07:22 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: I'm new too, waiting for my titration and to see the doc in early June. I found out today my dentist has a cpap (he said it took him about a week to get used to it).

Did the doc explain why he was starting you on straight pressure and not the auto? I'm just wondering what the thinking is.

Post Reply Post Reply
Get Resscan and slooyhead. See which one you like better.

Also get the clinician manual for the S-10 if you have not already. Will give instructions to get to all the "secret" menus that only the enlightened are supposed to access......

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 07:39 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Get slooyhead.
Is that the upgraded version? Thinking-about

Bigwink
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Typo. Should have been Sloopyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
its the version that came out after slappyhead Bigwink
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 134 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 495 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,022 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,557 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 996 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 456 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 427 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.