Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help. Data interpretation. Feel like crap.
RE: Please help. Data interpretation. Feel like crap.
Quote:Keep all settings the same, but increase minimum PS to 4.0 and maximum to 7.0. Drink two beers with a piece of pizza, and call me in the morning. Smile

Seriously, this should continue to control the OA that is looking pretty good. If it doesn't aggravate CA, then the result should be a bit better ventilation rate.

Quote:I dunno if it will help, but what I saw in your data was a respiration volume that seems a bit suppressed. As you can see in my data, the primary event is CA, but it is inconsequential being of short duration and not something to worry about. Not every night is that good, but if you're not feeling refreshed in the morning, it might be because you're in perpetual hypopnea with a suppressed volume.

Do you have the minute vent rate and tidal volume from before you changed the settings?

Hi Mark,

My suggestion is the same as Sleeprider's, that it would likely help your Tidal Volume to raise both Min PS and Max PS, such as perhaps 4 and 7.

Also, perhaps you are having Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome (UARS), and a higher setting for PS is the classic treatment for UARS.

I wouldn't be too concerned about a few centrals unless somewhat long in duration, such as longer than 40 seconds, or unless causing O2 desaturations. (This is where a recording pulse oximeter would be helpful.)

What were the settings which your doctor precribed, which you are now returning to?
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 164 5 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 82 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 822 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 322 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 243 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,003 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,176 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.