Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help. Data interpretation. Feel like crap.
RE: Please help. Data interpretation. Feel like crap.
(05-15-2015, 01:58 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: It would seem so. I am going to get a FFM next pay day and see it that helps.

"Oh No, Mr. Bill... Say it aint so!!"

Have you considered a pillows mask? Say for instance the P10? By doing that now, you won't have to do that later when all the rest of the world is clamoring to get them. Resistance is futile.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark, getting the machine is the easy part unfortunately. Getting used to the masks is hard. You will be adjusting humidity, straps, the bed pillows, and hose. You will find your sweet spot. But it will take time. And that is a pain.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 02:29 PM)Terry Wrote: FWIW, if you want to declutter your display you can turn off PRS1_01, PRS1_02 and all the UF events in the graph. Nobody knows what they are, so they just make it messy but provide no information.

Terry

Terry I turned on the custom events hoping to see if I was having a problem with lots of "almost" events. My AHI indicates as I have been told I'm doing pretty well yet I feel exhausted.
Maybe lots of little pin pricks can add up to am unhappy night?

Quote:Custom User Event Flagging. I'd recommend that a new PAPer leave this unchecked. It can be useful if you have a lot of "almost" apneas or "almost" hypopneas showing up in your detailed data, but it really is an advanced feature.

[attachment=1485]

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 03:07 PM)trailrider Wrote: Mark, getting the machine is the easy part unfortunately. Getting used to the masks is hard. You will be adjusting humidity, straps, the bed pillows, and hose. You will find your sweet spot. But it will take time. And that is a pain.

So it would seem. Sigh. I just wish I felt as I did after the first two nights.....
Post Reply Post Reply
I see a couple things:

1. UF2 is really occurring lots, but RERA and FL is not. Zoom in on that patch near 0500, and tell me if you see halting breathing.
2. Pressure Pulse is occurring quite a bit, too. Zoom on a few of those and see if they correlate with any other feature like short breathing halts.

I would normally expect that pressure changes might be irritating you to the point of disturbing your sleep, and ability to transition to deep sleep or REM sleep. If it was just recently that you changed to the biPAP, you may still be getting used to the feeling of the system pressure shifts.

Hope this clears up.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 01:58 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote:
(05-15-2015, 01:07 PM)DariaVader Wrote: If I am seeing your leak rate properly, it looks very high - and consistently high. Are you mouth breathing? have a bad fit?

It would seem so. I am going to get a FFM next pay day and see it that helps. I have worn FF HAZMAT respirators for many years and while I don't like them I am acclimated to them. I bought the Wisp in large part because of the quick disconnect/swivel features but it may not be what I need otherwise.

Actually your leak rates do not look that bad. PR machines report total leakage which includes the designed in leakage through the vent. It looks to me like the worst the unintentional leakage was somewhere in the 20's l/min.

On the other hand, if you want to ensure that mouth leakage does not affect your therapy then a FFM may be the way to go. Be aware that it may take some determination to get the FFM working right for you. For one thing, they generally need to be somewhat tighter than the nasal masks when the CPAP pressure is on. If you have prominent cheek bones and/or a deeply recessed nasal bridge I would recommend either the Mirage Quattro or the Simplus FFMs.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: YERTZp5.png]

[Image: WKL4VZ9.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark. My 2cents.

Since your pressures are below 15 and you are not going into large leak territory with your nasal mask, I see no reason to go the FFM route.

You already have the best mask on the market and it works for you. As RG says - everyone will eventually clamor for a P10. Resistance is futile.

I get a feeling that you are trying to rush/brute force it with the therapy. You are probably thinking that you have leaks, pressure settings and AHI under control so why am I not feeling awesome. Your body will take its time to acclimatize to the new paradigm of ample oxygen and nearly absent choking episodes. Your breathing pattern (MV,RR, IE ratio, TV) will normalize to regular values while on cpap. Your diaphragm muscle will gain strength to not tire out due to breathing against pressure.

While all this is going on, your hormones will adjust to the new normal. Your brain will adjust to a new sleep stage frequency. So there will be days that you will check your AHI, it will be probably less than 1 but you will feel like crap.

This is what I have synthesized from my extensive reading and my personal experience with xPAP. I had leaks and AHI under control from day one but I truly started feeling good after 140 days. YMMV.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
@AshSF you are undoubtedly correct but ..

[Image: JjKs8V0.jpg]

I bought a vpap so I could cover almost all the bases.
I have wondered if a different mode would be more appropriate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me take a wild guess...your tidal volume is kinda low. I don't know how big a guy your are, but mine averages in the upper 500s to mid 600 range. The last closeup graph you showed indicates you might not be fully exhaling at your current settings, and this might be affecting your volume per breath. An increase in minimum PS can promote improved respiratory exchange.

Here is a thought to try...your choice. Keep all settings the same, but increase minimum PS to 4.0 and maximum to 7.0. Drink two beers with a piece of pizza, and call me in the morning. Smile

Seriously, this should continue to control the OA that is looking pretty good. If it doesn't aggravate CA, then the result should be a bit better ventilation rate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 164 4 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 81 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 820 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 322 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 243 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,003 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,176 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.