Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do I fix my RESMED Humidifier?
RE: How do I fix my RESMED Humidifier?
Ohellyes, I agree with that and will add that it's rare that SS would have a pinhole in it and it would make me wonder if there was enough base left to make welding possible.

Perhaps I'd put a small dot of epoxy on it. I've fixed several refrigerator evaporator coils that way after the owners tried their hand at defrosting the coil using an ice pick. I used a solid epoxy stick make for that purpose but it would be too expensive for one time use. I suggest JB Weld which you can get at any auto supply store.
Post Reply Post Reply
add to what OMM said and that is that through all of that, the defective chamber could continue to leak and ruin the humidifier which would cost a few hundred dollars or more.

Post Reply Post Reply
You're right guys, if I'm going to have to get an external party to fix it, it won't be any cheaper than getting that $30 part (becomes $50 AUS with postage!).

So I'll give the JB Weld if I can find it at our Masters or Bunnings Hardware chains and try it. If it don't work, bugger it, I'll order from a Supplier.

Thanks for the great ideas! Certainly given me food for thought, which is the purpose of this thread.

Alex Portnoy
PO Box# 1048
Bondi Junction
NSW, 1355
AUSTRALIA
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2015, 10:59 PM)alexportnoy Wrote: Who sells JUST the stainless steel water chamber?

Google 36800+water+chamber and lots of places will turn up for less than $40 plus shipping.

Quote:
(05-20-2015, 09:36 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Personally I would want a new tank but if you feel you must try to save it search for silver soldering stainless steel. It isn't difficult. Possibly you could find a jeweler up for giving it a go. Can't remember if you need black or white flux and absolutely cadmium free solder! of at least 65 % I say jeweler because they have the small torch tips to possibly do this without distorting it. Likely the parent metal is flawed and or it will distort and make it a wasted effort. Remember it is "stains less" steel not "lasts forever steel".

Thanks, will take your advice and ask a Jeweler around locally first.
Actually, my guess is the tank is actually the aluminum one (which gradually corrodes) instead of the stainless steel one. I think you cannot cannot solder to aluminum.

In any case, I recommend not to even try to have a repair done (except perhaps with tiny amount of epoxy glue), regardless of the type of metal and even if someone offers to do it for free, because the tank bottom should be absolutely flat to work correctly, and any welding or soldering would (I think) likely warp the bottom at least a little.

Be careful when washing the tub, because even a very small dent or nick can cause humidifier to have trouble heating the tub.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Alex,

I think we can edit our posts for a few hours or days after we post. I suggest you remove your address from your last post, to avoid getting junk mail or worse.

I think there are robot programs which harvest information from the web and aggregate it into list for selling to direct marketers.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2015, 08:08 PM)alexportnoy Wrote: You're right guys, if I'm going to have to get an external party to fix it, it won't be any cheaper than getting that $30 part (becomes $50 AUS with postage!).

So I'll give the JB Weld if I can find it at our Masters or Bunnings Hardware chains and try it. If it don't work, bugger it, I'll order from a Supplier.

Thanks for the great ideas! Certainly given me food for thought, which is the purpose of this thread.

i would advise against using any epoxy or glue. you will be inhaling the solvents all night long. i'd say inside your cpap is not what they intended in the warning labels about well ventilated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 763 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 319 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 786 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 514 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.