Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

is my machine new or refurbished?
is my machine new or refurbished?
i recently swapped a defective s9 for a supposedly new one under warranty. but the "new" machine has a noise problem. how may i be certain this is not a used machine? i'm returning it today for inspection, but i don't entirely trust the provider.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: is my machine new or refurbished?
you can read the hours used via the clinician's menu. Press the info button and push-dial together for 3 seconds to get into the menu then navigate from there. (I'm working on my iPad at the moment and don't have my manual handy to be more specific).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: is my machine new or refurbished?
thanks, deep breathing. rebooted last night, and machine returned to its quirky ways, once again delivering ahi in the mid-twenties, which indicates, at least, that the zero reading was probably a one-time event that had little to do with reality.

meanwhile, i took the machine back to dme this morning, and the tech agreed that the noise is not natural, but it may take him a few days to replace the device, which i am now told is indeed a loaner, not a replacement for the former s9. he says also that the s9's are in short supply as resmed is coming out with a new generation, not yet widely available in this configuration. at any rate, it is dme policy, he says, to observe this machine for 3 weeks before a decision will be made re a new machine. in other words, i think he is saying that dme wants to make sure it's not me, but the machine, causing the problem,

all of this sounds a bit confusing, if not deceptive, but as long as i am only signed off for a "loaner," and as long as it functions ok, i am willing to wait a bit longer, and put up with the noise.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,151 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is it ok to buy Refurbished CPAP machine? Rent ketanerp 1 745 09-20-2022, 03:22 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,790 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [CPAP] Oscar, data formats, DS2, Airsense refurbished fillmore50 17 1,520 10-22-2021, 03:25 PM
Last Post: fillmore50
  Couple Questions on refurbished AirSense 10 GreenScrew 11 1,299 08-12-2021, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Rice95
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.