Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Pressure Set At 6
RE: CPAP Pressure Set At 6
(05-27-2015, 01:26 PM)Sweet Birdsong Wrote: As it was on auto pressure of 4-18, these past two weeks, my consultant prescribed a constant pressure of 6 today. He will review me again in three months and told me just keep doing what I'm doing....
I think this is a bit telling... Your consultant just made a major change to your settings from what you just used and they will check back with you in 3 MONTHS!..

Sounds almost like no help.

JMHO....

Sleepyhead will help you see and manage your own treatment.

[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 04:15 PM)krelvin Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 01:26 PM)Sweet Birdsong Wrote: As it was on auto pressure of 4-18, these past two weeks, my consultant prescribed a constant pressure of 6 today. He will review me again in three months and told me just keep doing what I'm doing....
I think this is a bit telling... Your consultant just made a major change to your settings from what you just used and they will check back with you in 3 MONTHS!..

Sounds almost like no help.

JMHO....

Sleepyhead will help you see and manage your own treatment.

Hi there and thanks for your thoughts,

I was put on a home titration study for two weeks on an Auto setting of 4-18. I then went back today and my doc read the data and then i suppose whatever my data showed he fixed a setting of 6. So i suppose he worked out from my home titration the pressure he feels is right for me personally.

I thought that if you have a titration study that's how they can figure out the pressure that is best suited am i wrong here?

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 04:31 PM)Sweet Birdsong Wrote: Hi there and thanks for your thoughts,

I was put on a home titration study for two weeks on an Auto setting of 4-18. I then went back today and my doc read the data and then i suppose whatever my data showed he fixed a setting of 6. So i suppose he worked out from my home titration the pressure he feels is right for me personally.

I thought that if you have a titration study that's how they can figure out the pressure that is best suited am i wrong here?

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile
It is not clear what the "consultant" is. Is this a sleep Dr or someone at a DME.

It is pretty common to have a titration study done and an RX written and basically never hear from the Sleep Dr again for a year (or ever). But then you are supposed to get support from the DME.

If it is the DME, 3 months is a long time after a change assuming the client doesn't know what to look at or what to do if it is not working. Which is why there are a lot of failures.

I think you have a PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP, which will not only allow you to see the data for yourself, but allow you to see if the settings are changed. Which with SleepyHead will allow you to see for yourself what is happening.

And you have people here who can help you with that as well.

[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 04:46 PM)krelvin Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 04:31 PM)Sweet Birdsong Wrote: Hi there and thanks for your thoughts,

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile
It is not clear what the "consultant" is. Is this a sleep Dr or someone at a DME.

It is pretty common to have a titration study done and an RX written and basically never hear from the Sleep Dr again for a year (or ever). But then you are supposed to get support from the DME.

If it is the DME, 3 months is a long time after a change assuming the client doesn't know what to look at or what to do if it is not working. Which is why there are a lot of failures.

I think you have a PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP, which will not only allow you to see the data for yourself, but allow you to see if the settings are changed. Which with SleepyHead will allow you to see for yourself what is happening.

And you have people here who can help you with that as well.

Hi again and thanks for your thoughts,

My consultant is a respiratory consultant whom i have been attending now for 5 years. I think he is an excellent consultant and 3/ 4 times a year i have pulmonary function tests done at his request. I can at anytime request to see him if i don't feel well, so if i feel this pressure is not enough i will get in touch with his clinic. He is the person who arranged for my sleep study and once the results were back, i had the CPAP the following day so all in all i would say I'm in good hands with him.

I am going to get sleepyhead and of course you guy's are a great help as well. Many Thanks

Best Wishes
Sweet Birdsong Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] What Cpap pressure should I use? uarspatient2023 1 237 03-02-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Pressure] Help interpreting low AHI after reducing CPAP pressure? grrrrr 2 277 02-21-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: grrrrr
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 447 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Dizziness and ear pressure/fullness after using cpap dizzy1 0 181 02-10-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: dizzy1
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Questions about CPAP pressure algorithms about apnea charlie4691 5 580 12-27-2023, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.