Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie CPAP Queries
Newbie CPAP Queries
After going through the whole sleep study x 2 and visits to the sleep doctor I am into the third night of my trials. They rated my AHI at 49 and my script says my machine's pressure should be set at 13.

I'm trialing a RESMED 10 AUTO from the local pharmacy (which has a whole section including a technician devoted to sleep disorders/apnea) with a full face mask. I have to go back every week for him to "check me & the machine out". I guess that means interpret the SD card data.

Couple of questions.
  1. Why are CPAP machines twice as expensive in Australia? Yes, DOUBLE!
  2. Do the special "CPAP pillows" really help keep a seal?

Thanks for this great site. I've already learnt heaps just clicking around here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie CPAP Queries
(05-27-2015, 10:05 PM)Wozzlegummich Wrote: Couple of questions.

Thanks for this great site. I've already learnt heaps just clicking around here.

1- The reason being, US such huge market account to half of the sales globally and in Australia they can charge as much as they like
Simple as that

I get all my stuff from US with the exception of air filters, I've been ripped off once but no more .... once bitten, twice shy

2- I've have not used any special pillows, good mask/fit is one way to a good mask seal

Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 10:27 PM)zonk Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 10:05 PM)Wozzlegummich Wrote: Couple of questions.

1- The reason being, US such huge market account to half of the sales globally and in Australia they can charge as much as they like
Simple as that

I get all my stuff from US with the exception of air filters, I've been ripped off once but no more .... once bitten, twice shy

2- I've have not used any special pillows, good mask/fit is one way to a good mask seal

Welcome
Thanks. This is much as I suspected - I can save at least $1K getting my machine from the U.S.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Wozzlegummich,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I use a pillow filled with buckwheat hulls and like it very much, some say they are noisy but I don't find that to be the case and I find that it holds it's shape nicely. Of course, YMMV on this.
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 379 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 480 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 265 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 296 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.