Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two Hours Sleep, Then Up Until 8am
Two Hours Sleep, Then Up Until 8am
I go to sleep at 11:30pm, then I wake up at 1:30am. Then I am up
until 7am-10am. Then I sleep most of the day away...

What a waste.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Two Hours Sleep, Then Up Until 8am
I do that sometimes. More than I care to think about.

Don't think it's PAP related. Ambien CR helped for a while, once i finally got my doctor convinced mine was a problem staying asleep, not going to sleep, but I just don't like being tied into that stuff in order to get any sleep. And after a month or two, it lost effectiveness and coming off of it is a bitch - no sleep at all for two-three days.

Oddly, the minute before the alarm goes off, I am wide awake without the ability to go back to sleep. The second the alarm goes off, I seem to want to slip into a sleep coma. That I have trouble understanding.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
It's like I went for years with apnea sleep, so now went I get 2 or 3 hours sleep and wake up I am rested...
Post Reply Post Reply
My Mom has this problem. She's trying some meditation techniques - they seem to be helping. She's now getting about 6 hours of sleep instead of only about 3-4.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have some reports and other documentation that you could read. I guarantee you will fall asleep very quickly. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2015, 09:53 AM)trailrider Wrote: I have some reports and other documentation that you could read. I guarantee you will fall asleep very quickly. Wink

Then I wake up in 2 hours and I am good to go for 15 hours. Last night I slept from 12am to 2:30am. I woke up, and did not go back to sleep until 5pm. I slept for about 2 hours. Now it is 12:30 am, and I am wide awake.
If I fall asleep now, I will wake up at 3am or earlier, and be up all night again... Ugh...
Post Reply Post Reply
it is cool that you do feel refreshed even sleeping that short amount of time. Try to get 3 sessions in per night (a long night, I admit).
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 251 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 471 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 277 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 492 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.