Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] S9 Resmed Machine faulty
Sad 
S9 Resmed Machine faulty
I have had two machines from CPAP Australia and both S9 auto set machines sound like a furnace,they replaced the first one and I can't even use the second one as it's louder than the traffic noise outside my window,I believe it to be a manufacturing flaw and the company is trying to get rid of them,Has anyone experienced the same senario? when I get a refund I will go for the Fisher and Pikel which was the one in the clinic it was totally quiet.thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Resmed Machine faulty
I haven't and I have used the S9 Elite, S9 AUto and S9 VPAP Auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
S9 AutoSet proved to be a reliable machine and popular one too
AirSense 10 is the second generation machine

Talk to ResMed support, they can helps
Contact details https://www.sleepvantage.com.au/contactus.html

Post Reply Post Reply
My s9 autoset is really quiet, and doesn't keep me up at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cajones,
I'm sorry that you have had such bad luck with the 2 Resmed machines you have tried.
Much success to you in finding a machine that works well,so you can get good sleep.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2015, 04:47 PM)cajones Wrote: I have had two machines from CPAP Australia and both S9 auto set machines sound like a furnace,they replaced the first one and I can't even use the second one as it's louder than the traffic noise outside my window,I believe it to be a manufacturing flaw and the company is trying to get rid of them,Has anyone experienced the same senario? when I get a refund I will go for the Fisher and Pikel which was the one in the clinic it was totally quiet.thanks

As Zonk recommended: first, call ResMed Customer Service. They will likely ask you to hold the phone near the machine so they can hear whether it sounds unusually loud.

The two machines you used may both have been damaged in shipping, even if there is absolutely no visible damage.

Sometimes truck or airplane vibration can cause terrible stress on whatever is being shipped. A CPAP blower unit can be damaged by strong vibration during shipping which leaves no visible damage.

Seems likely to me that both units were shipped to your DME using the same method and same carrier/shipper, and may have been similarly damaged. You may find that another units you receive from that DME may have same problem.

I suggest returning the machine and obtaining a new one from a different DME suppler. Or, at least ask for the replacement unit to be shipped using a different carrier/shipper.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
I am happy to see this thread.  I am having the same experience.  I just got a new ResMed S9 Autoset and was looking forward to using it last night. Gave up after 2 hrs as there is no way I could sleep with so much noise.  It's louder than my white noise machine.  I had reaad a lot of reviews suggesting that it's a quiet machine but it does not compare in any way to my old Respironics System One which makes virtually no noise.  I did switch back to that after giving up on the new machine.

The machine does have a 2yr warranty but I can't return it as I bought it online in clearance... I guess my best option  is probably to try to deal with ResMed directly.  It may have been in clearance but it's a lot more money than I can afford to spend for something I can't use!

Thanks for any other advice anyone might have... or if the original poster has had any results in getting the problem solved
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried it without the humidifier attached? The connection or the lid seal could be the problem. I can barely hear my S9.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,364 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 272 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
Question I am still successfully using ResMed S9. Should I get a newer machine? Miriam Hokmah 3 572 11-23-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,203 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 2 552 10-10-2023, 07:26 PM
Last Post: marvin2023
  [Equipment] I think my ResMed Airsense 10 machine is faulty – Can any one please help . BangkokBoy 13 1,972 09-28-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Old Resmed Autoset S9 machine SteveC 4 585 09-13-2023, 08:30 PM
Last Post: SteveC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.