Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weird night with cpap
Weird night with cpap
GM
I've been on cpap for a few years last night it seems my hose kept getting water in it and every time I would take a deep breath I could here this loud gurgling noise and at one point water went up my nose so all night I kept getting up to clear the hose my machine is a fisher paykel never had this happen before. Any ideas what's going on

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Weird night with cpap
G'day Shorty. It's called rainout and is caused by humidity condensing inside the tube. If you've never had it before, then it could be a change of circumstances has occurred. Are you sleeping in a different place, different heating / cooling / aircon? There are several possibilities to overcome rainout:

1. Use a heated hose (F&P call theirs ThermoSmart https://www.fphcare.com.au/sleep-apnea/c...ermosmart/ ) but the availability depends on which particular machine you have.
2. Keep your hose warm by putting it in an insulating sleeve (available from various suppliers) or just keep it under the covers as much as possible
3. Ensure your machine is at a lower level than yourself so that any condensation drains back to the humidifier.

The other possibility (if you machine is getting old) is a defect in the humidifier, or maybe you already have a heated hose which has stopped working.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Weird night with cpap
Thanks that was very helpful
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 45 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 45 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 196 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,145 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 886 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 53 2,672 02-18-2024, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Ynot
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 294 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.