Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why my next machine will be a Resmed
Why my next machine will be a Resmed
http://piaw.blogspot.in/2012/10/long-ter...9.html?m=1
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why my next machine will be a Resmed
Blow that for a load of cobblers. The info is old and the machines are all superseded by newer models with different algorithms. The local Resmed rep has told me the S9 is eol and once current stock is sold off, no more will be produced, although replacement parts and servicing will continue for at least 7 years.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes it is an old review and I would imagine the algorithms are a work in progress but my research indicates the base philosophies have not changed so as I have a PR after six months or so I'll try something different - like an A10. I want a spare anyway so why not?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both, a PR system one [original purchase] and a Resmed S9 Autoset, I bought the Resmed S9 after reading various websites where it seemed to be the preferred option of the two. After using the Resmed S9 Autoset for a month it was obvious to me I was getting better results with the PR System One, the Resmed S9 is now consigned to the wardrobe as "back up". I guess it's a case of different strokes for different folks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 08:50 AM)DocWils Wrote: Blow that for a load of cobblers.

Is that your Swiss German? Big Grin Would you please translate. My translator does not seem to understand that. Huhsign Oh-jeez Eat-popcorn

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
cobblers - cobbler's awls - balls (rhyming slang) - it means that it is nonsense, rubbish, outdated, ineffective, etc, depending on the context. Surely some of you speak English?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 09:28 AM)Mutineer Wrote: I have both, a PR system one [original purchase] and a Resmed S9 Autoset, I bought the Resmed S9 after reading various websites where it seemed to be the preferred option of the two. After using the Resmed S9 Autoset for a month it was obvious to me I was getting better results with the PR System One, the Resmed S9 is now consigned to the wardrobe as "back up". I guess it's a case of different strokes for different folks.

Exactly.
My experience may be similar to yours or maybe not.
Just wondering will not answer the question as to which is best for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 10:58 AM)DocWils Wrote: Surely some of you speak English?

Oui
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
We got curious at our hospital if people could actually tell the difference between the two manufacturers and so did some blind testing on patients using both machines ( I won't go into the protocol) but did it in such a way that each machine was kept hidden from the patient so they could not tell which it was - the results were that all things being equal, there was no appreciable difference between them, and for simple OSA, any difference was placebo effect. We did not go into it too deeply as the money wasn't there for a formal study. Just thought you should know. Patients could not tell the difference between the machines when they could not see them, and their numbers were within the norms for them on either machine. Again, I stress we selected only patients with simple OSA from the same types of problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
We will soon be a two cpap patient family and will want a spare so IMO it is reasonable to have access to different machines and compare same.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 267 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
Question I am still successfully using ResMed S9. Should I get a newer machine? Miriam Hokmah 3 569 11-23-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,144 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 2 548 10-10-2023, 07:26 PM
Last Post: marvin2023
  [Equipment] I think my ResMed Airsense 10 machine is faulty – Can any one please help . BangkokBoy 13 1,969 09-28-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Old Resmed Autoset S9 machine SteveC 4 578 09-13-2023, 08:30 PM
Last Post: SteveC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.