Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
RE: Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
I traveled a great distance with the autoCPAP Transcend and matching humidifier. The humidifier is a heavy brick and the water chamber is difficult to remove for filling and cleaning. The little blower itself is good, and seemed as quiet as the home machine. I used it on battery for the long trans-Pacific flight, and it was great. It is not position sensitive, and just snuggled up beside me. The humidifier cannot run on the CPAP battery, so it just stayed in the carryon bag. Humidifier does not fit in supplied carry case, either.
For data, you have to attach to a laptop via USB cable. There is no screen on the unit.
The online supplier sites should have weights listed in their specs section.
My bottom line: good, if pricey, little CPAP, humidifier not so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
Everyone perceives noise differently. I've been using the Q-Tube for about a year and I believe that it works great, to each his own.

If you want to forego the humidifier you can use a Heat Moisture Exchanger (HME) which is what I use. Now you can find them for up to a couple of bucks cheaper from Direct Home Medical depending on how many you purchase.

Not as good as real water but they work well enough for me.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the responses

So I did some homework and discovered the differences between the 3 units.
1. The basic unit, Transcend II, is just that.. your basic cpap machine. ($x dollars)
2. The Ezex model has an adjustable pressure relief feature 0-3. Which reduces the air pressure when you exhale. (if you have a setting of 12, using the 3 setting, the reduction of pressure would be down to 9) ($x+50 dollars)
3. The Auto model has the ezex feature and it has auto-titrating feature. (auto adjust air pressure ??) ($x+100 dollars)
Since my S-8 is my current traveling unit, I would think either 1 or 2 would work fine for me. I may send a copy of my prescription to the company and ask them which one they would reccomend.

The power supply weighs just a tad over a 1/2 pound.

I am looking for info on the HM150 (size and weight and reviews). More Google time required :-)
I will consider giving an HME a test run to see if those would work for me on the road. I go to Colorado weekly and it is very very dry there.
Post Reply Post Reply
I travel weekly well. I purchased a Z1 and now have a Z1 Auto and the Q-Tube. I also initially purchased the F&P HC150 and while it works well, I didn't see a significant size/weight advantage of that and my Z1 vs just bringing along my bedside unit.

Give the HME's a try remembering to keep the opened unit in a zip lock bag when your not actually using it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pulled the trigger and bought the Transcend Auto model (refurbished... couldn't pass up the $200 savings). I was going to get the inline humidifier filters but found out they cannot work with the nasal pillows so I bought a HC 150 humidifier. Package scheduled to arrive next week. I will have to test drive next weekend when I get home before taking it on the road.

I had them factory set the pressure to 9-12 to match my current AirSense 10 unit. I will have to check what the factory setting is for the EPC. I have my AirSense set at 3. Haven't looked yet but I am assuming clinical instruction setttings can be found on this site.

I will report back after I use the the new unit for a couple of weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
2-week update

I am very happy with the Auto Transcend unit. I have used it in San Antonio, New Orleans and Denver. It works great and is very lite weight (1 lb) and take very little room in my travel bag, which was my main objective in purchasing the unit. I did miss the humidifier effect so I ordered the HP-150. It is a bit bulky but still lighter and I can pack around it so that is a win.

First few times using the unit, i could hear a slight noise, but nothing to wake up the dead. Hotel room ac unit is louder.
I check the results when I got home and found my under 1.0 so that is good. I did register a larger than normal leak, i will attribute that to the newness of the unit and the lack of humidifier (warm air). First night i had the unit sitting on a magazine on the floor and woke up in the middle of the night due to the air so cold. Found i could place the unit on the bed next to me and slept soundly the rest of the night.

I will report back after my next trip
Cliff
Post Reply Post Reply
Wanted to give a shout-out to Supplier #2 on the list. Great customer service !!
Post Reply Post Reply
Update... adding the humidifier did the trick... the unit is lightweight, not as bulky as lugging my old S8 unit in my over night carry-on bag... and best of all it works great.

Using the humidifier, I find only filling a little less than 1/2 works best for warming the water quicker and keeping it at a steady temp. I have the 150 unit set at 1.5 on the 4 scale.

I took the humidifier off of the folding plastic base and secured it to a 6"x7" piece of partical board. Fits much much more better in my travel bag and it gives it plenty of stability while using it.

Signed... A happy traveler !!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 73 9 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,672 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,787 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 957 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Auto Titrating Machine Recommendation REM dominated OA BoxcarPete 21 1,337 11-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed Airmini vs Transcend Micro? ShipwreckSiren 0 940 11-18-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: ShipwreckSiren

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.