Importing CMS 50D Plus oximeter data into SleepyHead
From Apnea Board Wiki
(Redirected from How to import CMS 50D Plus oximeter data into Sleepyhead Software)
This page summarizes one method to import CMS 50D+ Oximeter data into Sleepyhead software using the CMS USB cord.
- The SpO2 software must be installed on your computer with the appropriate user rights.
- Sleepyhead software must be installed with the appropriate user rights.
- Newer pulse oximeters (such as the CMS-50i and the CMS-50iW) do not use the same SpO2 software and do not save in the format required by SleepyHead and are not importable.
- Note: USB serial importing directly from the device and live view are not covered here.
Starting/Stopping the meter for the Oximeter study
- Ensure your finger is positioned properly in the device and the device secured to your finger such that it will remain in place during the study. Do not block access to the meters button with tape or other material.
- Press and hold the meter's button until the menu is displayed. Scroll through the menu items by pressing the meter's button once to advance to the next item. Select the “Record On” / “Record Off” function by scrolling until the arrow points to the function.
- To start the meter logging data press and hold the meter's button until the function changes from “Record Off” to “Record On”. Scroll to the exit function. Press and hold the meter's button until the menu closes. Note: Selecting “Record On” will overwrite previously recorded data.
- Starting the CPAP machine at the same time the meter is started will allow for easy synchronization of the CPAP/Oximeter data when importing into Sleepyhead.
- You should now see a flashing yellow dot indicating that the unit is now recording.
- To stop the meter logging data press and hold the meter's button until the function changes from “Record On” to “Record Off”. Note: Do not put the meter back into the “Record On” mode until you have saved the data otherwise it will be overwritten and you will lose the data.
- N.B. If the Oximeter is left securley connected to your finger and recording when a restroom break or other event is required then the Oximeter will remain synchronized with the CPAP because the sync is based on the CPAP clock. Do not stop and restart the Oximeter unless you want to delete the previously recorded data.
Saving the CMS 50D Plus Study data to your computer
- Ensure that the provided SpO2 software has been installed on your computer.
- Ensure the meter is no longer recording data (step 6 above).
- Connect the meter to your computer via the provided USB cord.
- Press and hold the meter's button until the menu is displayed and verify that it is in the “Record Off” mode (step 6 above).
- Start the SpO2 software by clicking on the green "SpO2 Review" icon (not the red "SpO2" Icon that is used to receive real time data from the meter).
- Click the “New Session” Icon on the software interface.
- Enter a name for the data file. Enter any optional patient data you would like and then click “ok”.
- Device connected, waiting for data will be displayed followed by "Receiving Data".
Importing and syncing the Oximeter data into Sleepyhead
- Start Sleepyhead and import your CPAP data as usual.
- Determine the time the CPAP was started by zooming to the maximum detail and noting the start time (e.g. 4/3/2012 22:41:46).
- Click on the Oximetry tab (or icon).
- Click on “_Open SpO./R File” located in the lower right corner of the sleepyhead user interface.
- Navigate to the storage location the SpO2 software stored the file and select it.
- Sleepyhead will then import the data. Look at the timestamp on the lower left side of the interface. Change the time to match the time you noted from the CPAP in step 2 above.
- Click on the “Save File” icon located in the lower right corner of the sleepyhead user interface.
- The data will be saved and the Sleepyhead Oximetry window will display “No Data”. This is normal.
- Open the Sleepyhead daily tab at the top left of the Sleepyhead window. On the calendar click on any day before the date you are importing and then click on the current date.
- The Oximeter data should now be viewable along with the CPAP data at the bottom of the page. There should also be a summary on the details tab and the dates on the calendar that contain Oximeter data will be shown in red numbers.
- If the Oximeter data is not visable then you may need to restart Sleepyhead.
The SpO2 files are "hidden" in Windows 7 operating system. There are two ways to view them.
- To "unhide" them, go to where the files should be. Usually, this is Program Files > SpO2 > Data or Program Files (x86)> SpO2 > Data. Click the "Compatibility" button near the top. It should be next to the "New Folder" button. This will "unhide" the files. You will need to do this each time you want to view them. (See first image below)
- To view directly, go to users > (user name) > AppData > Local > Virtual Store > Program Files (x86) > SPO2 > Data. (see second image below)