The sleeping position is the body configuration assumed by a person during or prior to sleeping.
In one survey of 1,000 people, the following six positions were found to be the most common:
- Fetus (41%) – curling up in a fetal position. This was the most common position, and is especially popular with women.
- Log (15%) – lying on one's side with the arms down the side.
- Yearner (13%) – sleeping on one's side with the arms in front.
- Soldier (8%) – on one's back with the arms pinned to the sides.
- Freefall (7%) – on one's front with the arms around the pillow and the head tilted to one side.
- Starfish (5%) – on one's back with the arms around the pillow.
The remaining 11% stated their position varied or did not know.