Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

0.0 AHI but still feel terrible
0.0 AHI but still feel terrible
Hello. Was just prescribed an AirSense 11 about 7 days ago and am trying to get it dialed in. Last night the breathing looked to be the best I have seen yet, but I still don't feel good. I have tried min pressures ranging from 4-14 on different days and have tried EPR 2 and 3 (1 and off makes me feel like I can't exhale and I don't breath naturally). With EPR 3 and pressure 10 or higher, I get a lot of CA events, so I have been keeping it at 2.

I have been using the website SleepHQ to track my data, but will be downloading Oscar today to try it out. I have some data from SleepHQ for last night if anyone wants to take a look at it:

sleephq.com/public/ce590acf-d1f0-4ca6-ad1f-1eed6102ae5a

The settings for this data is:
Auto 8-10
EPR 2
Ramp off
Humidity 2

I am getting help on another forum, but wanted to reach out here. I have no idea what I am looking at with all this data, particularly with the Flow Limits, so am trying to get educated from as many sources as possible. 

Thank you for reading.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 0.0 AHI but still feel terrible
Based upon your snore data it looks like you could use a minimum pressure bump to 10cmH20. You may consider testing with a min of 10cmH20 and a max of 14cmH20 to see where that gets you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2023, 01:47 PM)gainerfull Wrote: Based upon your snore data it looks like you could use a minimum pressure bump to 10cmH20. You may consider testing with a min of 10cmH20 and a max of 14cmH20 to see where that gets you.

Heres a night where I did 10-15, EPR 2:

sleephq.com/public/41323270-da7a-458d-80d7-72c78342369e

Still have snoring and the breathing doesn't look as good to me, but I don't really know what I'm looking at.
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you mean when you say you feel terrible? Tired? Irritable?

Or does it feel terrible sleeping with a CPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2023, 02:30 PM)gainerfull Wrote: What do you mean when you say you feel terrible? Tired? Irritable?

Or does it feel terrible sleeping with a CPAP?

I wake up feeling like I didn't sleep more than an hour all night. Totally unrested with a very bad headache. I also get a lot of "pounding heart" events.
Post Reply Post Reply
People really need to see data to help you.  The data we use is OSCAR - completely free at the top of the site.  You do need a SD card in the machine to record your nights sleep.  Please post your data (oscar) and you will get much better feed back.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2023, 03:46 PM)staceyburke Wrote: People really need to see data to help you.  The data we use is OSCAR - completely free at the top of the site.  You do need a SD card in the machine to record your nights sleep.  Please post your data (oscar) and you will get much better feed back.

I have many nights of data stored on my SD card. Would I be able to import those into Oscar?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it should import to Oscar -- I just bought a new laptop and the old data imported from the old SD card.  And if you look around this site, you'll see other people's comments where they have links on how to organize your charts and how to upload data so people can help you.  It's really easy.  This site has a lot of information on it -- explore, click, and learn.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have all of my data imported into Oscar. Should I just screenshot the summary page for last night or is there a way to attach the entire exported file for review?
Post Reply Post Reply
First, organize your chart from the daily page.  Read this link to guide you:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Take a Screenshot of the Daily page.  

Follow this:

Set your display to the Standard view
(View > Reset Graphs > Standard)

Take a screenshot of your Daily screen.
  * For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
  * For a Mac: Use Fn+F12  

Use the Attachment Feature to post 2-3 recent charts here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 7 199 3 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  [Symptoms] Terrible brain fog and tiredness despite low AHI - Can you see anything in OSCAR? youthfulapnea 7 527 04-11-2024, 02:59 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 475 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 190 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 984 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 405 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 911 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.