Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

0 CAs 1st Night!
0 CAs 1st Night!
Getting my OAs under control was relatively easy.  Can't remember the last time that I had one... but the CAs replaced the OAs.  They would go anywhere from 2 to 5 an hour depending on the night and usually in clusters.  Thanks to the help of forum members, I started to widdle the little buggers down.  The suggestions of decreasing my min and max pressure really helped.
These are two things that I did that really seemed to decease the CAs.
First, I have allergies but hate (empathize hate) full face masks. So I use a nasal mask.  Some nights the allergies made it difficult to use the nasal mask and on these nights my CAs increased.  I invested in a Navage and it has done wonders in keeping me clear.  I noticed that sleeping on my side decreased my CAs, but I really like sleeping on my back!   So I have tried to make sleeping on my side more comfortable.   I invested in a knee pillow and a huggable pillow.  The first night I could only get 4 hours total on my side, but now I am us to 6.5. hours with no CAs. 
I still have some hypopneas, (1 per hour) but they never last longer than 10 sec.
I have received much support from this forum  Thanks  - I hope that this helps someone.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 0 CAs 1st Night!
gotta love a success story! just goes to show the value of a) taking initiative on our own behalf, b) perseverance, c) trial and error to find what works for us individually, d) being flexible and willing to adapt, and e) sharing information and experiences on the apnea board.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 851 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,111 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,342 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,235 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,202 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.