Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year and still tired!
RE: 1 year and still tired!
(08-18-2017, 09:02 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't think it should come as any surprise that obstructive events (FL, OA, H) increased with a lower minimum pressure.  In your case the Philips Auto is unresponsive to the events and essentially maintains the minimum pressure all night.  If this is more comfortable for you, the results are acceptable.  I really don't see how there would be much difference running your machine in CPAP mode rather than Auto because the pressure does not apparently respond to your events or breathing.

"Sleeprider" When you say CPAP mode are you talking about going back to a set range say min.=- max. =12?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last nights chart. at min.11 max 14. What do you think of it?
[Image: rVzOQiYl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Me thinks your leak rate is bad. You'd be better off leaving the pressures alone and start working on the leaks.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2017, 12:42 PM)Scott C. Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 09:02 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't think it should come as any surprise that obstructive events (FL, OA, H) increased with a lower minimum pressure.  In your case the Philips Auto is unresponsive to the events and essentially maintains the minimum pressure all night.  If this is more comfortable for you, the results are acceptable.  I really don't see how there would be much difference running your machine in CPAP mode rather than Auto because the pressure does not apparently respond to your events or breathing.

"Sleeprider" When you say CPAP mode are you talking about going back to a set range say min.=- max. =12?

Yes.  your machine simply loiters at minimum pressure which either resolves events or not.  If obstructive events are a problem, then the machine either needs to be set at a higher minimum pressure, or just set to CPAP  at the effective pressure.  I notice in your most recent graph, the pressure actually did increase in response to a FL followed by an OA before dropping back to minimum pressure again.  What good it it to have the machine respond after the fact?  I would just set it at 12 and not have all those automatic 1.5 cm fluctuations through the night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Yes. your machine simply loiters at minimum pressure which either resolves events or not. If obstructive events are a problem, then the machine either needs to be set at a higher minimum pressure, or just set to CPAP at the effective pressure. I notice in your most recent graph, the pressure actually did increase in response to a FL followed by an OA before dropping back to minimum pressure again. What good it it to have the machine respond after the fact? I would just set it at 12 and not have all those automatic 1.5 cm fluctuations through the night."

'Sleeprider" took your advice here is the results. Min =max.=12

"Walla Walla" just purchased new mask ( dreamwear gel nasal pillows) will be trying them shortly.

Thanks again for the input.

[Image: xn1M8d8l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Gee whiz, that looks pretty good! I see some breaks, are you comfortable?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking good, Scott!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2017, 07:35 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Gee whiz, that looks pretty good!  I see some breaks, are you comfortable?

This is the second time for such a low AHI. But I kept waking up last night. Feel tired today. Wore collar last night instead of taping. But I swallowed a lot of air. Lots of burping and such. Will keep everything the same for tonight. But it seemsraising the min. pressure up sure helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2017, 07:39 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Looking good, Scott!

Thanks Crimson for keeping an eye on me!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I went from great to horrible again. Only change I made was tape instead of a collar. Will go back to just a collar tonight and see if that really is the cause.
And I only woke up one time compared to night before. Whats going on here? Dont-know

[Image: lpqpSMUl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 105 6 hours ago
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 216 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 46 3,073 04-16-2024, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 468 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  1 Year of Therapy Still Dealing With Fatigue and Headaches Zzera 7 269 03-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 158 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 286 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.