Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

10 Years of Absolute Misery
RE: 10 Years of Absolute Misery
Just a suggestion: Besides using a new hose, change out the air filter and humidifier tank if you can. If you are unable to purchase a new tank, please clean it with warm water and Dawn liquid, rinse well. Let air dry.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't come with a tube.  I used a new one since my heated tube wouldn't fit.  I started a return on ebay saying the item doesn't work properly and it doesn't if I can't use it because it smells.  The listing was pulled so I couldn't msg the seller directly.  Fairly confident I'll get a refund.  But I was looking on 'supplier two'.  
-

-edit.  The watertank it came with had a leak (as mentioned in the listing) so I've been usign my own water tank.  It only came with the dark grey filter but the filter itself DOES smell like perfume but I don't have a spare.  I could try to handwash it.   

So this is the exact model, right?

S10 AirCurve VPAP Auto *VAuto) w/ Heated Humidifier

It's the only S10 machine with the words 'vauto' in it.  Their naming convention is sort of confusion.  I could put activated charcoal through the air vent and I've had to do that before.  But since I bought this machine on ebay it should be free from contamination and ready to go.  Not to get graphic but whatever came out of my nose was gross.  It's not worth the risk to me.  

-edit 2  Great news!  My ebay return was automatically accepted!  I do have until the 20th, so maybe I could buy a clean good one from secondwind and just use this until it gets here.  Have to think about that.  
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto is often referred to as the S10. The previous generation was the S9 VPAP Auto. You're on the right track.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW I've heard several buyers say Secondwind Supplier #2 is of a decent quality.

You might consider washing your mask and other parts in something like Dawn but without fragrance.

Keep at it on the attack of apnea as best as you are able. The Apnea Board members will do our best to get you the success needed. Best to ya.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The discharge from my nose looks like a sinus infection.  I also put my nose in the humidifier without the chamber and the entire thing smells like perfume.  So it's going back.  I'm going to go run a few errands and mull over buying something from 'supplier two'.  Someone else on reddit had expressed their satisfaction with supplier two but I want to think abvout it before I spend 800. 

There are a ton of them on offerup but many are mislabeled and pictures are too poor for me to read the label with the exact model number.  The earliest I'm going to get any relief from a dr is going to be late Jan 2020 and I definitely want to get something before that time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I just got banned from Offerup for no reason.  Can't login.  Click the link in the email to contact support but have to login with my google accnt.  Can't login.  Jesus fking christ.   Now how am I going to buy a machine!

Well I'm going to have to sleep with the auto pap for some time until I can buy the vauto.  Other than setting it into automode of 14 to 14 (so it captures more data?) is there any other suggestion I should change on my machine?  I just sent the AutoSV back for a refund.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is nothing obvious in your posted CPAP chart, especially without looking closer at the flow data. Can you explain why you are using fixed pressure of 14 instead of a variable pressure such as 11 to 15? What is your Flex set to?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The last time I was in front of a sleep dr was in late 2016.  After I had the meeting with the MMA surgeon he said he wanted an updated sleep study.  I went to the university and literally sunk into the bed like in a cartoon.  I didn't sleep at all.  The sleep dr at the university said set my machine to 12-20.  I did that and didn't feel any different.  But if I go back far enough on the SD card I think there could be better data?

My current settings are based on the fact that I don't know what to do.  The sleep study before this one said to set my machine at 14.  So I'm probably at 14 or around that.
Post Reply Post Reply
We might learn something from a trial on variable pressure that may help find a better solution. If you don't mind setting the mode to Auto and using a minimum of 11 and maximum of 15, I'd like to see what that looks like and feels like. Also use AFlex at 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights data.  I thought changing to the automode would create the new category of 'flow limitation'?  This is not a unique sensation to last night but it feels like I slept underwater.  Sounds weird but it's the closets thing analogy I can think of.

If you still recommend that I purchase the Resmed v10 aircurve Vauto, then I'll be making the purchase today.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 175 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,003 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 673 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 539 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Confused After A Few Years Sleeper396 2 289 02-18-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 346 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.