Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

10' hose
RE: 10' hose
I think I read somewhere in my Respronics literature that any hose longer then 10' would require a slight bump-up in pressure.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
i don't think there is a significant difference between 6 and 10 feet. now if the machine is 100 feet away in the garage, it might be different. the industry standard is 6 feet. i think if 10 foot hoses made a significant difference they would be required to come with pressure warnings. something tells me they are not hooking up a 6 foot hose and humidifier to test pressure out of the cpap at the factory final inspection station. i think when 14 comes out the end of the machine it is assumed that 14 is at the end of the humifier and hose as well. somebody needs to go to an on-line seller that sells 10 foot hoses and ask their chat line about it or call the dme they got it from.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2012, 06:26 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: now if the machine is 100 feet away in the garage, it might be different.
If CPAP machine in garage then have to use the garden hose and with the garden hose comes out the air compressor but not sure if the Quattro can handle such extreme high pressure
On second thought I,ll stick with my climate line
The climate line slightly longer than the slim line

Post Reply Post Reply
I thank all who have responded to my initial query. I am now comfortable with the idea that I can use a 10' hose without making any pressure changes. I also have gotten some ideas for using that extra length, such as in travel. I have not yet traveled with CPAP, so that was not yet on my radar.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hotel rooms are getting really bad for their lack of outlets. When we were going back and forth from here to PA a few weeks ago, It was a nightly challenge of playing the game "Where is it this time?"

Almost always either way across the room or behind the bed. The clock got unplugged the most. We figured it was in an 'always on' outlet.

It was also frightening to see the number of multi-power strips in a single outlet.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could do a simple test with a ping pong ball and a plastic bottle. Disconnect your mask and stick a ball in the plastic bottle with its bottom cut off put you hose end on the neck of the bottle and see how much pressure is required to lift the ball out of the bottle, then try it again with a longer hose and see how much difference there is. A real mythbuster experimentBigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2012, 01:43 PM)Gazby Wrote: You could do a simple test with a ping pong ball and a plastic bottle. Disconnect your mask and stick a ball in the plastic bottle with its bottom cut off put you hose end on the neck of the bottle and see how much pressure is required to lift the ball out of the bottle, then try it again with a longer hose and see how much difference there is. A real mythbuster experimentBigwink

OK - now you have me confused again (and don't say that is a simple thing!) Have you done this experiment with a 10' hose? My wife doesn't let me use sharp utensils anymore, so cutting out the bottom of a bottle would be a real challenge.:grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
Then use a huge funnel and a cannon ball. Add some explosives for effect.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2012, 06:37 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Then use a huge funnel and a cannon ball. Add some explosives for effect.
-
Would I have to wait until the 4th of July? Or would it be like a show I recently saw on TV where they were blowing up anvils - really BIG anvils - to see how high (I guess) they could make them go? Maybe CPAP is not going to be as dull as I originally expected!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used it to clean out a delicate part of a computer bit.

And to dry a keyboard.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,288 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,554 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.