Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1st post - Sturggling with fatigue - OSCAR results attatched
RE: 1st post - Sturggling with fatigue - OSCAR results attatched
Thank you Marillion,

It's so wonderful to have advice from people "who've been there; done that". I feel like I've just been given more advice in a few hours than I have all year!

I'll keep you posted on what works,

SeekingSleep
Post Reply Post Reply
It's been over a week since I was given advice on lowering my AHI, and I promised to get back with my results.

First, I am attaching my sleep study results as I was not able to to this before:

.pdf   Sleep results - Pg.1.pdf (Size: 81.87 KB / Downloads: 2)

Second, it was suggested that I change my settings from CPAP 10 to APAP 7 - 12. This was helpful. My 10-day averages before and after are as follows:              
  • AHI:     7.01 - 5.85
  • CA:      1.23 - 2.19 (This is the only thing that has gone up. Not sure why?)
  • OA:      2.35 - 1.92
  • Hypop: 3.43 - 1.74
  • RERA:  2.57 - 0.72
It was also suggested I try a cervical collar. I did try this, but I have neck and back issues, so I was not able to continue with the collar. I have tried putting a pillow under my chin at night. I almost always sleep on my side; but occasionally, I will go onto my back. If you read my sleep study, you'll see that I was diagnosed with night terrors. Since being on CPAP, I have had only a few episodes and am now off the Clonazepam. I suspect that these terrors were caused by an obstruction while being on my back. I was likely unable to breathe and my body was trying to wake me up. All I know is those terrifying episodes are now mostly behind me, and I no longer wake my poor husband up while kicking and screaming at the top of my lungs! 

One of the things that I found interesting is the large decline in the leak rate on the overview I have attached. I wonder if this is due to the change in pressure?

Lastly, I'm attaching a screen shot of last night. I zoomed in on one place that I hope is helpful. If you have any other suggestions that might help to get my numbers down further, it would be appreciated as my fatigue has improved slightly, which is great, but I'm hoping for more.   Thanks  

Post Reply Post Reply
A likely reason CA went up is your PAP at these auto settings is increasing breath efficiency, and is also increasing CO2 removal, above your normal threshold to signal the next breath. Keep tabs on it but it should start trending down soon. I think overall it's looking better already.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply, Dave. It makes me feel hopeful that things will improve. I'll let you know how things are in a couple of weeks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 127 19 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,908 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 180 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,826 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.