Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

200 AHI and Brain Damage? Newbie Here
RE: 200 AHI and Brain Damage? Newbie Here
Hi angelineelise,

Welcome to the Apnea Board.

This is mostly new info for me on your specific ailments. I’m aware that issues that include extreme apnea could affect oxygen levels and injury to the brain, again in just general terms. You seem to be in an extreme situation with this, so I hope you get the best treatment available which could include your apnea therapy.

I have the ResMed ASV for high central apnea count. It is easier to configure the settings than a Respironics as I understand it. That being said, hopefully your pulmonary team can do their best to assist. We’ll be sure to help however we can.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 200 AHI and Brain Damage? Newbie Here
"I was just was wondering if anyone else had brain damage and possibly attributed their sleep apnea to it?"

no one has ever told me I have brain damage (well, no doctor anyway) but when I was initially diagnosed with idiopathic central apnea many years ago, it was explained to me that it was a failure in and of the brain. nothing I've read or been told since then leads me to think otherwise. something was/is wrong in there, so maybe it could be called brain damage. or, for all I know, it could have begun after a childhood bicycle accident or other early severe whacks to the head.

in any case, I have always understood my central apnea to be a function of some kind of brain problem / damage.

not particularly relevant to the question, but my oa, on the other hand, is from orofacial structure, weight gain and maybe age.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Terrible brain fog and tiredness despite low AHI - Can you see anything in OSCAR? youthfulapnea 7 524 04-11-2024, 02:59 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,215 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
Sad cause severe brain fog and unbearable headaches use cpap jiyun 1 105 04-09-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 104 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 184 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 166 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 3 263 03-29-2024, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.