Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

200+ days in, no real improvement, docs have no clues.
RE: 200+ days in, no real improvement, docs have no clues.
I can't comment on the machine because I know nothing about that, but if you have one med in a class that clearly works better than another and it's not covered, have your doctor submit an exception to your insurer. If that doesn't work, pay out of pocket using something like goodrx.com.

Also, this link indicates a clear difference between the two meds (if you doc needs further commentary to pursue your exception. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19663523
Post Reply Post Reply
Your SH graphs show your inhalation pressure being stuck at the maximum (10.0) so I'd follow what other have said and increase your max IPAP pressure to 20 to give your machine some room to move. I'd also up the minimum (EPAP) pressure a couple of points as you don't appear to be anywhere near it at any stage.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BobbyK,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and getting it fine-tuned to meet your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Still getting a much higher rate of CAs letting the machine up the inhalation pressure where it wants in, particularly in the naps. Averaged out overnight it wasn't nearly as bad. 

Current bits over on imgur at / a / I1bUV if anyone cares to look. The machine looks to be topping out its IPAP pressure at between 12 and 13 at this point.
Post Reply Post Reply
https://imgur.com/a/I1bUV Well now I know why your pressure was capped before. Did you have Centrals when you had a Sleep Study?

I'll let someone who knows more about this help you out. Short term I'd go back to your old settings.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The in lab PSG noted centra apneas at only one pressure combo: 8 and 4. It and "most" of the events resolved at 10 and 6, which is where I've been. That PSG never went past 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
They never tried a pressure support less than 4 which is the first place the members making suggestions went. Pressure support increases CA events in people like you and I that are sensitive to it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Judging CPAP improvement jprconsulting 1 80 03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Real or False CAs? SingingWolf 3 284 03-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Grin New CPAP User, looking for improvement help babysleep 8 469 01-24-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  eXciteOSA See Any Improvement? (with images) bergerj 6 1,675 01-21-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: jrolli1509
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 421 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  some improvement but still having symptoms her.suit 1 244 01-04-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.