Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2nd Night: painful red sore on nostril & new congestion
RE: 2nd Night: painful red sore on nostril & new congestion
(08-29-2019, 04:22 PM)rdalby69 Wrote: Thank you, Melman. 

If you plan to try the F20 wait to thank me. I think it's great. you may hate it.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2019, 04:42 PM)Big Guy Wrote: ..... The longer I'm at it, the less issues crop up.

That's interesting because I got the same advice an F30 user in Australia.  She said the irritation will go away when I get used to the mask.

Last night I loosened the straps a bit and it did help.

Other than that I'm very happy with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2019, 08:28 PM)rdalby69 Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 04:42 PM)Big Guy Wrote: ..... The longer I'm at it, the less issues crop up.

That's interesting because I got the same advice an F30 user in Australia.  She said the irritation will go away when I get used to the mask.

Last night I loosened the straps a bit and it did help.

Other than that I'm very happy with it.

I'm quite sure that we all can agree that it's far from normal to sleep with a mask on your face. I wear glasses and have for many years. I can still recall all the times that the nose pads created sore spots on my nose. Some times were worse than others. 

But, I got used to them and now it almost never happens that I get sore spots. A mask on your face and moving around a bit will create irritation. For most, it's just a matter of time for their face to grow accustom to it. I know mine has. 

I'd like to try a smaller and less intimidating mask, but I'm a mouth-breather, and simply cannot breathe via my nose for very long. It looks as if I'm am relegated to a FFM.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2019, 08:51 PM)Big Guy Wrote: ...  I'm a mouth-breather...

Yes, so am I as well as being a side-sleeper.  The F30 works very, very well for those two things so far in my limited experience.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 160 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 428 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 394 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  Do wedged pillows alleviate nasal congestion? NoddingHacker 1 389 12-07-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New to Bleep Eclipse and caused a sore Kathy14225 5 989 10-31-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Nose Pillow with congestion SleepSundogSleep 3 583 10-02-2023, 04:29 PM
Last Post: SleepSundogSleep
  Closed nostril side sleeping, deviated septum, PAP effects? sleepyzzz 7 793 07-13-2023, 10:40 PM
Last Post: sleepyzzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.