Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

3 Months Until Sleep Study
RE: 3 Months Until Sleep Study
Do the math and that is just a little lower than the bilevel pressure I use. Listen to your comfort and go with it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again SR! I appreciate you so much!

I wanted to mention a trend I'm seeing when switching between nasal and FF masks. I have noticed when I use the nasal mask, which is most of the time, the higher percentage of my events are CAs. But when I switch to FF, due to occassional nasal congestion, I have predominately OAs, RERAs, and hypopneas, but little if any CAs. I'm quite sure the events I experience with the FF mask are due to being in the supine position sleeping with my mouth open and most likely my tongue blocking the airway. But what I don't get is why the centrals are more prominent with the nasal mask. I rarely get any OAs with the nasal mask while having my mouth taped shut.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe I'm on track here, I'm thinking the full face and not being better efficiently for breathing vs the nasal and higher breathing efficiency be the key factor in CA.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dave! Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I somehow missed your earlier post on the prior page.

It's been a little difficult to find the sweet spot so far. Thought I was good with the initial 7-12. But ever since covid and the congestion, the starting pressure of 7 and 8 feels too weak. I like the ff mask, but I get too many OAs with it. I know I keep saying I'm going to get the pillows and try that out, and I am. I am debating between F&P's Brevida, the P-10, or P-30i.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2021, 06:57 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Maybe I'm on track here, I'm thinking the full face and not being better efficiently for breathing vs the nasal and higher breathing efficiency be the key factor in CA.

That makes sense to me. My congestion has been all over the place. The flonase has knocked it down a bit, but I still get a little congestion once I lay down. Maybe I'll ramp up the pressure on the pillows once I get them if congestion is still a problem and blow through it like you suggested in an earlier post...lol.... And knock down the EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey no big deal if you miss a post here and there. You can make up for it. As if you've forgotten you're in an Apnea battle. Things get forgotten. Eh so be it. No charge whether you do or don't keep up. I'll likely never notice and keep posting. Besides I'm in my own sleep apnea war and insomnia is real bad. I'm into napping in the day no sleep at night just like it was in '17. My GERD don't like it but I'm fueled by extra coffee or I'm dozing all the time.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW do you have the ResMed N30i nasal now? Yes then get P30i cushion and pop it into the N30i frame. It will work as I've done it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Papper Friends!!!

I wanted to pop in and share some successes.

If anybody read or can remember my initial post, I have been a snorer forever. After getting Lyme a few years back I started having trouble falling asleep where I would wake up while drifting off gasping for breath. I also would wake up in the middle of the night gasping for breath. The home sleep tests I had did not qualify me for therapy. But I knew I needed it. The final straw came on Halloween night. I ate a bunch of everything that I should not have eaten and ended up waking up every half hour to hour in the night, proceeded with over a month of the same along with not being able to fall asleep due to the gasping issue.

Well, thank God for this forum. SleepRider recommended I just get the ResMed Autoset. I did, and there has been some trial and error. But the past few nights have been the best nights of rest with little to no events yet. Mind you I started the keto diet 8 days ago. And I actually think that has a bit to do with my successes. I notice if I eat within a few hours before bed that my gerd acts up causing more disrupted sleep. With this keto diet I am also doing intermittent fasting. I have not noticed any gerd the past 4-5 days. Also, and I don't mean to provide TMI, but after 3 years of abnormal stools, they have become normal in every sense within this past week. I also feel much more energetic during the day without the highs and lows. This along with a pressure-setting change I believe has me on the road to long-term success.... I pray anyhow. I know it's only been a week. But I am very hopeful and encouraged.

Has anyone else noticed their therapy had changed for the better or worse following a diet change?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2021, 08:59 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: BTW do you have the ResMed N30i nasal now? Yes then get P30i cushion and pop it into the N30i frame. It will work as I've done it.

I don't. I think I am going to go with the Brevida. Still haven't pulled the trigger yet though...
Post Reply Post Reply
I.m having issues with OSCAR today. Not sure what changed, but when I open OSCAR up I only get my profile page. It will import my data. But I cannot view any other pages but the main profile page. I click to view daily and nothing happens. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the file, but the same thing. Any ideas?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 227 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 118 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.