Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

3 Months Until Sleep Study
RE: 3 Months Until Sleep Study
Looks good to me on OSCAR. It's your choice in what settings to run with in light of these results. I'd let how you feel guide therapy more than numbers with these type of results. Myself, when my ASV therapy wasn't off the rails, I could post a 0 AHI and almost nothing on events and such or something like an AHI of 3. Both felt about the same. I did note a trend that 3 AHI was the feeling ok or not threshold. At 3 or below all's well, above and it's not. You may find a similar feeling to result aspect.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave! Thank you for the reply. I feel well despite my worry about the AHI. I'm just concerned with the upward trend. I always seem to focus on worst-case scenarios.

How have you been?
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Dave. Your AHI is acceptable and and in the range where you should be guided more by how you feel than the numbers.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm OK here, still in pursuit on my new machine, I'm closing in on the goal.

Keep up the successful therapy and congrats on it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2021, 11:40 PM)Melman Wrote: I agree with Dave. Your AHI is acceptable and and in the range where you should be guided more by how you feel than the numbers.

Thank Melman! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2021, 01:54 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'm OK here, still in pursuit on my new machine, I'm closing in on the goal.

Keep up the successful therapy and congrats on it.

Good to hear Dave! 

Thanks. I know a 2 AHI is not bad, relatively speaking, but seeing all those CAs shook me up a bit the other morning, I was a little better this morning @ a 1.4 AHI. But I've been feeling rested for the most part. So I shouldn't complain.

I'm praying you get your new machine pronto... Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll see doc in another week and see if he'll edit a script from ASV to ST-A. I'll probably ask if he'd like to be heroic or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all!

OK, so AHI has been going more consistently above 1 AHI for the past couple months. I know 1 isn't necessarily bad, depending on how I feel. But this morning I wake up to a 3.2. I've been known to have a lot of centrals upon transitioning to sleep, but last night was the worst I've had since being on CPAP. At this point I can't help but worry. I have also woken up tired the past few days. Any suggestions on setting changes or any changes overall?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Ignore the initial cluster of centrals as SWJ, the other OA you zoomed in on are IMHO centrals but of no concern. You did have a mini arousal at 02:09:30 again of little concern.

Please don't show the pie chart as it hides your stats from us.
I also feel that it is alarming you with a high percentage of Centrals.

A good call to have your chart checked.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2021, 06:15 AM)Gideon Wrote: Ignore the initial cluster of centrals as SWJ,  the other OA you zoomed in on are IMHO centrals  but of no concern.  You did have a mini arousal at 02:09:30 again of little concern.

Please don't show the pie chart as it hides your stats from us.
I also feel that it is alarming you with a high percentage of Centrals.  

A good call to have your chart checked.

Thank you Gideon!

Just to clarify, you don't see anything on my chart that would warrant any setting changes?

I'll remove the pie chart. The amount of centrals definitely concern me though. I don't like the upward trend in AHI I've been seeing past couple months. Do you believe anxiety can have an affect on apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 220 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 74 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 529 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.